Thread: Recruitment websites?

Default Recruitment websites?

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering apart from the ones below what other job search websites are popular in New Zealand? If it helps I work as an office manager:

Seek
    Trade me

Are there any others I should be looking at? I have contacted recruitment agency's and I am signed up with a few. Thanks for any help

This old thread has some more job websites http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=38551

Job agencies (and employers) prefer it if you choose one agency and stick with them. It makes things complicated as several agencies might put you forward for the same job. That's the advice agencies gave me last year when I was looking. Good luck with your job hunt

Thanks for the link I found Careerjet on there which I had not heard of before. I was after sites that I can search for jobs directly. I have applied for a few job agencies as I did not think about not doing so (as it is the normal in the UK) but I can understand sending your CV to a few agencys getting sent a couple of times. I have had 4 good responses from 3 agencies and 1 employer directly but just trying to do as much research/trying before I fly out. Is Seek the most popular job search website?

Thanks for the replies

If you are looking for websites where you can search for jobs, rather than agencies, then Seek and Trade Me really are the main ones.

If you are looking for government jobs there is a specific website (just google NZ government job). However almost everything on there is also on Seek.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauralocks View Post
    If you are looking for websites where you can search for jobs, rather than agencies, then Seek and Trade Me really are the main ones.

If you are looking for government jobs there is a specific website (just google NZ government job). However almost everything on there is also on Seek.
    Thank you I am looking at Seek and Trade me just wanted to check they were the main ones and I wasn't missing any big sites

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSoul View Post
    Job agencies (and employers) prefer it if you choose one agency and stick with them. It makes things complicated as several agencies might put you forward for the same job. That's the advice agencies gave me last year when I was looking. Good luck with your job hunt
    Have never used an agency before but I'm needing to step up the job search again and thinking of seeking out an agency, so thanks for the pointer about finding one and sticking to it
    just need to decide whether it would be best to go with design, healthcare or IT!!!!!
    If anyone knows of a particularly good one for either or all, recommendations greatly appreciated