This day, exactly two years ago, we landed in NZ to commence our new life. I remember the very surreal feeling on the flight of not quite believing it was happening. We couldn't quite believe we were on our way to NZ!

But on our way we were. We arrived on a typical spring day in Wellington, much like this one in fact. We had drinks with my new bosses and I prepared to start work the following day (yes, I do know that I'm mad). It was incredibly easy to settle and we haven't experienced any culture shock or pangs of homesickness.

Two years on, I'm onto my second job, we are still in the same "proper" rental we moved into (although we moved in December after 2 months in a central apartment), and Mr Manks in is the same job. We have a great lifestyle. It's not perfect and the quality of the housing stock disappoints us at every opportunity! But I wouldn't swap it for the world right now.

Mr Manks has already been to the Immigration office in Wellington to get our Permanent Resident visas, and I've just had the "online status change" email to confirm it

So it's official now. You can't get rid of us