Thread: Immigration Consultant - Parent Category - advice

Default Immigration Consultant - Parent Category - advice

We have submitted a EOI under the parent category. Foolishly put the wrong date on one of the passport dates and so had the form returned. We missed out on the first draw because of the this stupid error. Resubmitted the form on the 20th Aug, told it is showing a green light now and we hope, with any luck that it will get pulled out in the next draw in Nov.
    We have applied under tier 1 using my daughter and son in law incomes rather than the house we will sell, was worried that the house would take ages to sell or would not get what we needed.
    Son in law is self employed – year 1 of working for himself. He has a statement of income from his accountant to prove his income. Daughter has wage slips to prove her income.
    Concerned that due to son in laws self employment status and also the stupid mistake we made on the first form, we are considering using a Immigration Consultant in the UK to help smooth the process – anyone got experience of this or could suggest a good one?

NOBODY has any experience of this version of sponsoring parents, and that includes any agents/consultants. There won't be anyone around who can tell you they had an agent for this visa, and how it went, because no one has gone through the process yet. I truly believe that you have just as much chance as anyone else of doing what you need to do. INZ have told you you've got things right now.

What an agent does is receive from INZ what INZ would otherwise send to you, then send it on; receive instructions from INZ that INZ would otherwise send to you, and tell them to you; wait till YOU have put together paperwork that otherwise INZ forms and guides would tell you you need to submit (they don't gather evidence for you, just tell you to do it), then send it in (which you could do); and charge you £££££s for the privilege. If you get anxious you can always ask INZ themselves.

Thanks for this - I must admit I did think that was the case, just want to get to NZ so much, prepared to do whatever it takes to get there. We had applied via the skilled migrants but only had 120 points and so never got picked out of the pot and this is our last chance

Hang in there - there's no reason why it shouldn't work out just fine.