Thread: When to Apply? in training finished soon

Default When to Apply? in training finished soon

I'm not quite sure when I should apply for PR. I am currently studying Early childhood teaching in NZ and finish my studies in November (though I don't formally graduate until I think March). I'm on a student visa and have just been offered a job offer where I can work 20 hours / week (what my visa allows) but it says I will be increased to 40 as soon as I finish my studies (in November). I know I'm technically allowed to work fulltime over the summer holidays according to my visa, but this is a perm. contract. I am already a NZ provisionally registered teacher (primary trained). Would they consider this primary trained teacher to be trained adequately for an early childhood job? Or would I need to wait until I have officially graduated from ECE training to apply? Or could I begin the application now since I already have the job offer and I will be well over 140 points.

Somewhere I read that your qualification had to match the skilled occupation and if it was an ECE job, you had to specifically be ECE trained. A bit confused and would like to apply as soon as I can.

I should also mention that in my official offer letter and contract it simply says I am employed as a registered educator.

Have you considered putting this question to the NZTC? http://www.teacherscouncil.govt.nz/contact.stm