Thread: cv:getting from counseller in career coaching or write by your self??

Default cv:getting from counseller in career coaching or write by your self??

my question is the same..plz share ur experience...

you can go to any branch of Work and Income NZ (WINZ) or ARM (if u r in Auckland).
    They provide you support in writing CVs and contacting employers.
    It is of some help but they are not particular about your field of expertise. They do just general stuffs.
    Hope that helps

Recruitment agencies are pretty good at tidying up CV's. Generally in NZ, they like a reasonable amount of detail.

Another option is to search for NZ profiles over linkedin and you might get some hints.

Quote Originally Posted by MK33 View Post
    you can go to any branch of Work and Income NZ (WINZ) or ARM (if u r in Auckland).
    They provide you support in writing CVs and contacting employers.
    It is of some help but they are not particular about your field of expertise. They do just general stuffs.
    Hope that helps
    Dear MK33 thanks for sharing this.. did u visit WINS / ARM.. what are tips to approach employers in NZ.. can these be effective while staying outside NZ..

For my job application I just submitted a covering letter and my CV. The online application process would not let me submit an application because I could not select the option to say that I had a visa already. Below is how I structured mine:

Title, Name, Professional Titles
    Contact details at work
    Contact details at home

Education (all degrees, starting with the most recent)

Employment history (all revelvant positions, starting with the most recent)
    For each post I included -job title; employer title; term of employment
    -brief statement about the scope of the job
    -itemised breakdown of job highlights
    -specific summary of key accomplishments while in post

Further Training completed

Section on professional 'esteem' markers (accomplishments recognised in my field as being particularly noteworthy).

Professional Registrations (include all relevant active professional registrations including registration numbers and dates)

A list of publications (if this is relevant in your field / at your level of professional progression)

I didn't necessarily include any of this in a particular order, and some things were just fitted in where they could be included in whole sections on one page. The total page count was 3, and I wouldn't go any longer than that.

I hope that is helpful.