Thread: NZQA-PAR; hoping for the best...

Default NZQA-PAR; hoping for the best...

here i am again...

we got shot down last year on the EOI; we have not had our qualifications validated for NZQA-PAR.
    i have just submitted my qualification to NZQA-PAR and it's already being evaluated, then i'll send for my spouse's qualifications too...

the result should be out by Oct 22nd (after 20 working days per their policy)

whilst, i am also sending my applications online; hoping for a job offer (despite being overseas, my colleague had his job offer done overseas)

hope this pans out this time...

Better luck this time.

thanks JandM

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Better luck this time.
    just checked the nzqa par site...
    my qrs application status is already at the 'Result Report' stage as of 09.10.2012; i'm praying it'll come out positive enough to go through w/ the EOI.
    i have a B.S. in Computer Science with almost 9 years IT developer work experience.

i had a skype interview earlier but that didn't go through...

Hi,

In any case at the stage of application, you have to get your IQA as well. PAR is only valid at the EOI stage.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by afmamoon View Post
    Hi,
    In any case at the stage of application, you have to get your IQA as well. PAR is only valid at the EOI stage.
    Regards,
    I understand that i'll have to go through IQA.

Niways, just got the results... my qualifications were evaluated at level 5. W/ the EOI points are at 125 already & shall be submitting them soon.
    A question though; when I filled-up the EOI in the qualification sections, there are 2 options for a level 5: diploma - 40 points and 50 points.
    I'm just wondering which I should claim, as my NZQA result only said level 5, but did not mention that it's equivalent to a diploma... my initial instinct is to claim the max points @ 50.

please advise on this... thanks

Hi,

What is your occupation and is it falls under area of absolute skills shortage ? I think in order to apply under SMC you need to have an occupation under LTSSL. Seniors please confirm.

Regarding claiming points against level - 5. Check the below highlighted in red box.

Qualification Points.jpg

Regards