Thread: Visa Application Status Online

Default Visa Application Status Online

We applied for visa under partnership using paper forms, according to this page, When this service is activated by the officer who receives your application, an automatic email is generated and sent to your nominated email address. We got the automated email but even after registering using the nominated email, "My Application" area is not present in the right hand-side of the page (see attachment). Clicking "My Applications" at the top doesn't help either as it only brings up a new window with the text "This page provides details about your applications...", nothing else.

Has anyone applied for visa type by submitting paper applications forms (different from online applications like EOI for SMC, Silver Fern etc.) and able to track their application status online? I think our CO didn't activate it for our application.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is exactly the same problem I had applying for my partner visa by paper. I received emails from INZ and my case officer fine but never got any details about my online account or viewing my status as others talk about. Then, I got an automated notification telling me that my status had been changed online, but I couldn't work out how to log-in to check. I emailed my CO who said he couldn't tell me what my log in details were because that wasn't set by him but by the central computer people, however he was able to tell me he had updated my status to approved in principle.

This is my rather long winded way of saying that I never did find out how to access my online profile!

I would suggest contacting the IT helpdesk people that (from memory) are listed on the website for if you have problems and explaining.

I know this isn't particularly helpful but I'm kind of glad someone else has had this problem - I felt like a right idiot at the time!

I'm glad we're not the only one having this problem. Okay so I just got off the phone with immigration and was told that we should have explicitly requested for online account when we lodged the application so the ability to check status online can be activated when they create application in the system. It's odd they don't enable that by default, now that application's been created, I was told there is NO WAY to enable it and we have to rely to our CO for updates.

Bummer!