Thread: Evidence of English language...

Default Evidence of English language...

Hi...born and bred in uk...do I need to send evidence of our ability to speak English? if so what would that be, professional qualifications? (applying under parent category so would not normally be including these), inz just state they need the English Speaking "thing" and dont say that if all stuff shows that its obvious English is your first language thats ok...could do with greater clarification if anyone can help...cheers

Quote Originally Posted by gavndebs View Post
    Hi...born and bred in uk...do I need to send evidence of our ability to speak English? if so what would that be, professional qualifications? (applying under parent category so would not normally be including these), inz just state they need the English Speaking "thing" and dont say that if all stuff shows that its obvious English is your first language thats ok...could do with greater clarification if anyone can help...cheers
    Hello Gavndebs - Please refer this link
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/41495.htm
    I did not find any mention of exemption to provide English Language proof from nationals of specific countries, to my knowledge all have to provide English language proof.
    Though the proof will vary from candidate.

You state that you were born, brought up, and educated in an English-speaking family in an English-speaking country, which satisfies this part of the regulations linked to above.

they provide other evidence which satisfies an immigration officer that, taking account of that evidence and all the circumstances of the application, they are a competent user of English. These circumstances may include but are not limited to:
    the country in which the applicant currently resides;
    the country(ies) in which the applicant has previously resided;
    the duration of residence in each country;
    whether the applicant speaks any language other than English;
    whether members of the applicant's family speak English;
    whether members of the applicant's family speak any language other than English;

Great, this is what I have been looking for... if I have stated in my EOI that I was born and raised in UK and English is the only language I speak, will birth certificate, passport, proof of work experience in Uk etc etc that is already in my application be sufficient?

Almost certainly yes. (We do hear about the occasional dumb question follow-up in this kind of situation - my son had one - but normally it'll just sail through.)

We had a slip in with our ITA saying we didn't have to provide proof.

Simon

Great, thank you

However, when you send back your ITA and evidence (when it's always a good idea to list what you're providing in the order it relates to the form), it's good to state clearly that your English ability isn't shown separately as a piece of evidence, but can be seen by the other things that show where you grew up, were educated and have worked.