Thread: Claiming work experience without job offer

Default Claiming work experience without job offer

I had thought that we might be able to claim extra points for work experience in an identified future growth area - however, if I'm reading this correctly, this only counts if we already have a job offer.

And that's fine - however, can we still claim the educational qualification without a job offer?

And am I corrected, that to claim the years of experience, we must show/prove that the work experience is in the same field as the recognized qualification, yes?

(not for the bonus points, just the years of work in the field)

I'm so sorry if I've missed this in the search.

Quote Originally Posted by cjweaver View Post
    I had thought that we might be able to claim extra points for work experience in an identified future growth area - however, if I'm reading this correctly, this only counts if we already have a job offer.
    Yes, that's correct. But you may be able to get bonus points if your work experience is in an area of absolute skills shortage - you don't have to have an NZ job or offer for that.

And that's fine - however, can we still claim the educational qualification without a job offer?
    Yes.

And am I corrected, that to claim the years of experience, we must show/prove that the work experience is in the same field as the recognized qualification, yes?

(not for the bonus points, just the years of work in the field)
    Yes.

Those yeses are in general - see that same section in the INZ operations manual for all the fine detail.

Thank you - and general yeses are just wonderful - just trying to make sure I'm on the right track.
    It'd be lovely if he was in absolute skills shortage, but while journalism/multimedia would likely fit as Creative for the Long Term Growth, I can't quite twist it into what I'm finding for absolute skills - but things might change!