Thread: Planning to start a business

Question Planning to start a business

Hi
    I submitted my EOI which was not selected bcoz my points were 120 with out job offer.
    Now i am planning to start a business (takeaway), can anybody here guide me from where to start.

Thanks

What's your current visa status, and how long has it to run?

my husband got work visa and i got visit visa till july 2013

Quote Originally Posted by msher View Post
    Hi
    I submitted my EOI which was not selected bcoz my points were 120 with out job offer.
    Now i am planning to start a business (takeaway), can anybody here guide me from where to start.

Thanks
    If I am reading this right, you are currently here on a visitors visa. You will need to upgrade to at at least a open work visa, which you should be eligilble for from your husbands work visa.

Not to sure what else you need to know. Your question is pretty open ended. But if you have the funds and place to start your business, then having an accountant on board would be a good place to start.

If I am reading this right, you are currently here on a visitors visa. You will need to upgrade to at at least a open work visa, which you should be eligilble for from your husbands work visa.
    That sounds like a good place to start. Have you seen this at INZ? http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...milystream.htm

thanks JandM and beachcombers

yes i am looking for a takeaway business somewhere between palmy and wellington area.

I am not eligible for work visa on the bases of my husband's visa. ( he got his visa after completing level 6 qualification)
    but instead of me he can open a takeaway. but i am confused about the visas like what are we going to do when his work visa expires.

and one other thing should i again resubmit my eoi with 120 points without job offer? i am so confused.. i just dont want to go back

I am not eligible for work visa on the bases of my husband's visa. ( he got his visa after completing level 6 qualification)
    but instead of me he can open a takeaway. but i am confused about the visas like what are we going to do when his work visa expires.
    No No No! If you husband has a work permit, then it is likely "tied" to his employer, he can not open a business as well.

Also, you should qualify for a "open" work visa, based on you being your husbands wife! This allows you to pretty much work were you please, and/or open a business. Please note this visa will expire when your husbands work visa expires.

Check the following link which is the form you need to submit.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...146May2012.pdf

and one other thing should i again resubmit my eoi with 120 points without job offer? i am so confused.. i just dont want to go back
    You should get a job! A open work visa will allow you to work, once you have secured a job, then submit your EOI.

Looking at your posting history, you have good qualifications, but seemed to be confused regarding the visa process. I would not normally recommend this, but in your case maybe you should see a immigration advisor.