Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ITA Sent

Default ITA Sent

Hi All,

I sent off my ITA on 02/10/2012 and I was so surprised with the speed they took the fee and started processing my application, which I must say I am happy with. However my question is what are the next stages, I know it is being accepted but what other little stages are there? And my next question is in regards to my passports, they are sent as well so will that mean that they get the blue stickers put in straight away or do I still get the six months to decide?

Many Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Luke

You have the job offer that's why processing will be very fast. The ITA with job offer always has the highest priority for decision/approval on other applications.

Best of luck.

Alishah,

Thank you for the quick reply, that makes complete sense. Any help in regarding my other question I would be very grateful.

Thanks again,

Luke

Usually, INZ asks for the original passports during processing even from the people who don’t have job offer. But in your case if you don’t need your original passport before the final decision then you can get back your passport with blue sticker once your application will be approved. Other thing, once your residence will be approved you have to pay migrant levy then only blue sticker will be paste on your passport. See the details http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...rant/accepted/

If you need your original passport in emergency you can always get it back from INZ any time.

Thank you for the reply,

I know I am quite simple but what does it mean CO Allocated, am I right in saying CO stands for "case officer"? Will I have a interview with INZ if I have a job offer and had a interview at NZ House with NZDF ? Or is it just being accepted the next stage for myself ?

Thanks again,

Luke

Hi Luke,
    You are right CO stands for “Case Officer”. CO allocation means when your application is allocated to one of INZ case officer for processing/decision/approval.
    With job offer there is no requirement of interview with CO. Interview is only required for those applicants who don’t have job offer in New Zealand before the final decision.

Alishah,

Thanks so much for your answers The reason is that I am very aware of the 18 month count down when being approved, so I was wonding if they ever waive that time frame ( say if my son is completing his final year at school)? That is if I am successful.

Regards,

Luke

Hi Luke,

I don’t know exactly about it. Some senior members can guide you regarding this matter.

Hi,

That's no worries thank you for all your help.

Luke

The 18 month countdown? Do you mean, once you have the offer, you need to send in your passport within 6 months for the stickers, and then activate the visa within a further 12 months?

If that's it, then no, they don't waive it. However, it's not as restrictive as you seem to think. The stickers (for each family member) MUST be activated by arriving in NZ within a year of the date they are granted, or they'll lapse and the whole thing would have been for nothing, but if you haven't finished up your affairs in your home country, you could if you wished get straight on the next plane out. You would need to sort yourself out to get back to NZ ready to stay and start your life there within the 2 years' life of the travel conditions.

I'm puzzled - if you have a job offer, how long are you expecting the employer to wait for you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast