Thread: Increase in SMC - Residence Application fee

Default Increase in SMC - Residence Application fee

Hi,

Today I received an email from INZ London team that they have to deduct UK 1200 Pounds from my credit card as the fees for SMC Residence applications have been increased. However when they sent me the ITA, at that time fees was 1090 pound and that is what I mentioned in fee deduction page of ITA and that is what was mentioned on the checklist as the fees. Now though I have asked them to deduct 1200 Pounds but I am still confused about it.

As per my understandings, once they sent me the ITA the fees at that time should had been locked for my application but they asked for the new fees. If it is a normal routine and is there any information about it in the Operations Manual ?

Regards,

I don't see anything in the Operational Manual about it. But if you Google 'news immigration NZ fees increase', some of the hits include pages from various INZ offices around the world, stating that the fees increase will apply to applications submitted from 2nd July onwards, which I guess means if you had managed to get your ITA in by 1st July, the old rate would have applied.

Dear Friend,

In my opinion all your claims and everything is counted on the date when you submit your ITA not on the date of ITA issuance. So at the time when ITA has been reached to the London Branch, whatever fees applicable on that date will be levied.

I believe some more experts can put some lights on this.

Regards
    Sohail

We had exactly the same, when we started the process in Feb2012 it was 1090 pounds and then when we submitted the documents etc in Aug the price was 1200........guess nothing much to do about that except pay.

Anyhow I had to pay in either case because I don't wanna risk my Visa over few pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by afmamoon View Post
    Anyhow I had to pay in either case because I don't wanna risk my Visa over few pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by sain_81 View Post
    Dear Friend,

In my opinion all your claims and everything is counted on the date when you submit your ITA not on the date of ITA issuance. So at the time when ITA has been reached to the London Branch, whatever fees applicable on that date will be levied.

I believe some more experts can put some lights on this.

Regards
    Sohail
    Dear Sohail,

You are absolutely right.