Thread: Few confusions about Partnership resident visa

Default Few confusions about Partnership resident visa

I am in with my NZ partner for 14 months now. i intially got visitors visa then 6 months work visa in may 2012 and now 1 year work visa on 27 sept 2012 under partnership.
    I lodged Residence visa application on 4th oct 2012, as i recently sent all supporting documents to INZ with my work visa so i had no more to send with this one yet.
    we have already proved 3 times in last 14 months that we are in a genuine and stable relationship , but assigning a CO to my resident application may take upto 6 months from now. Now my question is , are they going to ask for more partnership proofs when CO is assigned?
    just curious

thanks

Good question... let us know!

As you've so recently done the proofs again for the work visa, you could try sending a covering letter linking your Residence application to that case and asking them to see the evidence already supplied. But there's no guarantee the sensible option will prevail!

We were asked to re-submit partnership proof and a couple other things only to be told much later that we didn't need to. So it's not always consistent. I'm not overly hard on NZ Imigration though. I think they do a pretty good job and it's not always easy. If you are in a genuine relationship, in our experience it was easy to prove it and they'll believe you if you give them the honest evidence that they ask for.

I guess a more direct answer to your question would be, if they ask for the same documents again which they still have, just politely inform them they currently have all your original documents proving your relationship, and they may well be able to use what they've got on file. Sometimes they don't always know what you've already submitted (maybe because documents get moved between different departments? who knows).
    Last edited by Adam P; 7th October 2012 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Good question... let us know!

As you've so recently done the proofs again for the work visa, you could try sending a covering letter linking your Residence application to that case and asking them to see the evidence already supplied. But there's no guarantee the sensible option will prevail!
    thanks JandM , i will sure let yous know

Quote Originally Posted by Adam P View Post
    We were asked to re-submit partnership proof and a couple other things only to be told much later that we didn't need to. So it's not always consistent. I'm not overly hard on NZ Imigration though. I think they do a pretty good job and it's not always easy. If you are in a genuine relationship, in our experience it was easy to prove it and they'll believe you if you give them the honest evidence that they ask for.

I guess a more direct answer to your question would be, if they ask for the same documents again which they still have, just politely inform them they currently have all your original documents proving your relationship, and they may well be able to use what they've got on file. Sometimes they don't always know what you've already submitted (maybe because documents get moved between different departments? who knows).
    thanks for answer Adam, i have already explained them that all my documents are with them and requested them to get it from palmy office .

what i am actually trying to ask is like i have lodged my application on 4th oct and say CO is assigned sometimes in February 2013,so are they going to ask proofs for our ongoing relationship from 4th Oct onward until CO is assigned?

They very well may do. The general qualification for partnership is a live-in relationship for the last 12 months and ongoing. If a case has been some time in the working, even when it's just for one visa, some COs ask for an update when they are just coming up to a decision at the very end.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    They very well may do. The general qualification for partnership is a live-in relationship for the last 12 months and ongoing. If a case has been some time in the working, even when it's just for one visa, some COs ask for an update when they are just coming up to a decision at the very end.
    Thanks, we just want to be prepared with documents because its hard to prove to INZ even when we are in genuine and stable relationship and truly love each other.