Thread: Calling all Churton Park - present and past

Default Calling all Churton Park - present and past

The house hunting continues and it seems that the property we want and the area we'd ideally like to live in do not a perfect match make (without a minor Lotto win at least!) so...

...we have seen a nice house in Churton Park, near the park bit, which seems to tick all the boxes. However, we don't know an awful lot about that side of Welly so wondered if any current/past residents might be able to enlighten us on the best / worst points of the area.

From my own research, I see the schools are pretty decent and there seems to have been a recent increase in amenities. In addition:

> Are there still plans in place for a community centre?
    > Does it get as foggy as I have heard, bearing in mind we are currently in Karori which is quite partial to being in t'clouds itself?
    > The house is north facing - is that good (sun) or bad (prevailing wind)?

All replies appreciated!

Thanks.

Hi there I am in Churton Park & have been for nearly 5 years now. If your talking Churton Park park & not the one near Amesbury then you shouldn't get fog, we are near to one of the entrances to the park & I don't think we have ever been in fog but if you were to go up Amesbury then that's where you can disappear into it but not that often & not as bad as Grenada Village. Our house faces north & luckily almost all our rooms are on that side of the house too & we get sun drenched all day. I think the community centre is about to be built, a new stage is just starting, yep just looked it up & it says "Construction of buildings C & D at Churton Park Village will commence 28 September 2012. This will include the Wellington City Council community centre." If you are on Facebook then there is a page called Churton Park Info that has lots of current info. If you want to pm me the road I may be able to tell you a bit more. I can't think of any bad points tbh I just my oh too & couldn't think of any either, we love that ou can be into the city within 10 minutes & to various beaches in 15, only 45 mins from Paraparaumu, good shopping in either the city, Johnsonville or Porirua. We have tried to move a couple of times but to be honest we couldn't find anywhere as good as what we have even if it is a tad small. Feel free to pm me any questions, I have a girl at Churton Park school & one at the kindy so can answer any questions you may have on the schools.

Thanks for the detailed response, however we decided against the property in the end. The search continues...