Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wellington Branch - Post your ITA Progress here

Default Wellington Branch - Post your ITA Progress here

Hello everybody,

I'm joining the waiting game too. Please share your experience and progress with the Wellington branch here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...5M1BBZHc#gid=0, so that we have one organized thread for this branch in the forum. Please feel free to add yourself by asking meccup here. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39219

I called INZ using their toll-free number to ask about the online service and the lady on the phone happened to mention in our conversation that the current processing time in Wellington branch for residence visa applications is three (!) months. The interesting word here is "current". What do they mean? This is especially interesting because in their letter they sent to me they specified that the case officer will be assigned within 16 weeks. Let alone the processing time they specify on the branch website is 9-12 months. Indeed a waiting "game".

Let us keep our chins up!

Hello and welcome.

The use of 'current'... There is no such thing as a regular and normal time for INZ processing. Everything goes by managed date-order queues. When your application gets there, it will go to the bottom of the pile waiting to be assigned to a CO. When a CO has finished some of their cases, the next from the top of the pile will be passed to them, where they will go to the bottom of his work pile, and so on. How quickly your case goes through will depend partly on how many applications have arrived with or just before yours, and how complicated they turn out to be, not counting on any crisis of staffing or illness in the office. So the official is telling you that, right now, the most recent cases to go through have taken that long - but that in itself is no guarantee that yours will do exactly the same.

I heard that Wellington Branch is The Slowest NZ Immigration Office in the world. Is it right? Does anyone have experience dealing with Wellington Branch?

Hello,
    we are at Welly branch. They are overloaded indeed. We are well into our 15th month since ITA was lodged, and still waiting for the interview

It wastes so much time! Wellington branch should have more staffs!

Quote Originally Posted by joxa83 View Post
    Hello,
    we are at Welly branch. They are overloaded indeed. We are well into our 15th month since ITA was lodged, and still waiting for the interview

Please don't forget to post your exact time lines here, so that all of us would be able to assess our situations.

This is quite ridiculous because this branch is in the capital of the country where people are migrating to. Actually the main branch. London branch is overseas and have applications from a whole lot of countries and is really fast. This is beyond my understanding.

I called them again on different matter and this time they mentioned the processing time again. However, this time they said it currently takes about three months for the CO to be assigned and once the CO has been assigned it takes about 9 month to assess the application. Well, they themselves do no really know what exactly is happening.
    By the way, they mentioned that my application is in the managed queue, whatever it may mean...

I forgot about EOI submission, and selection dates, it was so long time ago. Anyways:
    ITA Submitted: 2 August 2011
    CO Assigned: 18 August 2011

To be honest I am a bit disappointed, it just takes tooooooooooooo long.

The managed queue is the system I described above. Fair goes, waiting your turn.

My timeline:
    2012 Mar - lodged EOI
    2012 Jul - got job offer
    2012 Aug 8 - EOI selected
    2012 Aug 23 - ITA received
    2012 Sep 6 - ITA lodged
    2012 Sep 21 - initial assessment done, more partnership evidence requested
    2012 Sep 28 - more evidence delivered to NZ House
    silence so far

sorry, posted to wrong thread. My app in London branch actually

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast