Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI Background Check Processing Time

Default FBI Background Check Processing Time

Does anyone know the current processing time for an FBI background check with the WV office in the US? Advice to all: If you are thinking about moving to NZ, and have lived in the US for more than 5 years, start the FBI background check ahead of time!

Thanks!

Hi,

Took 10 weeks in my case, including turn around time by standard air mail from/to Wellington.

Sabbaq

Quote Originally Posted by sabbaq View Post
    Hi,

Took 10 weeks in my case, including turn around time by standard air mail from/to Wellington.

Sabbaq
    Thanks for the quick reply. When did you do yours?

Mine took four weeks, but that was in 2007.

Hi,

Sent mine in October 2011 and recived FBI clearance just before Christmas 2011. You would do well to get two sets of fingerprints, just in case one gets smudged, and have them taken by local police rather than attempt them yourself.

Good luck with the process.

Ours took 10wks last yr.
    Submitted on 11 Aug 2011 from Auckland.
    FBI received our applications 15 Aug 2011.
    Got the results back 27 Oct 2011.
    We had fingerprints done by local police here in Auckland - one set each were enough for us but two sets are good idea just in case.

Mine took 11 weeks in May/June 2012. I asked for 2 copies just in case. Had their processing times been more reasonable I wouldn't've had to delay my job start by 3 weeks. Canada was 10 days; Australia and Ireland were 3 weeks (including postage).

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Quote Originally Posted by marc.chou85 View Post
    Advice to all: If you are thinking about moving to NZ, and have lived in the US for more than 5 years, start the FBI background check ahead of time!
    You need the FBI check if you've lived in the US for more than 12 months. Same as any country. When we applied in 2010, we'd been there 2.5 years and still required this for our application.

In answer to your question, we applied in late May 2010 and received the certificate in 7 weeks in early July. They were quoting 12 weeks on the website at that time. We requested for them to be expedited due to a job offer, however when I rang to check the status when I saw our credit card had been charged (at the 7 week point), I was told that it would be 12 weeks. No exceptions. This was on the very same day that our certificates were printed. We had them two days later.

we deliverred our request, and they replied it usually take them 3-4 weeks to check, 2 weeks to finish the document, and in total 6 weeks. while, i think we have to wait for another 2 weeks since they send back the result by ordinary mail not express mail like DHL, Fedex etc. so 8 weeks look reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by gjmfl View Post
    we deliverred our request, and they replied it usually take them 3-4 weeks to check, 2 weeks to finish the document, and in total 6 weeks. while, i think we have to wait for another 2 weeks since they send back the result by ordinary mail not express mail like DHL, Fedex etc. so 8 weeks look reasonable.
    Did you submit yours recently? Looks like you and I might be on the same boat. I sent mine on 9/26/2012, and the website currently states the waiting time as 6 weeks, so crossing my fingers!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast