Thread: 3 year degree, but exempted yr 1 & 2

Default 3 year degree, but exempted yr 1 & 2

I was enrolled into a degree program directly into year 3, bypassing year 1 & 2.

The reason being for my exemption is that I have prior certificates (vendor specific) & work experience.

When I did my IQA, i gave them my yr3 transcripts, and vendor specific certs. It came back as Level 7, but outcome unspecified. ..bleh

I wonder if it will be worth a shot to request a review, and send in the degree's original Yr 1 & 2 syllabus + my letter of exemption? I need the report to say Level 7 (bachelors) degree in (whatever ICT field). Right now its just Level 7 with no type.

Anyone have a similar situation as this? How did you go about it? I suppose being exempted of certain subjects at the University is a common thing?

Hi,

It seems you are in a quite a trouble and yours is quite a complicated case. Actaully NZQA checks one degree and transcript as one complete course.

So there could be 2 possible solutions.

1. If you can somehow manage to convince NZQA that your previous diplomas and this one year degree is one thing then may be you can have a desired outcome.
    2. If your UK University can issue you a new transcript in which all the courses required for a 3 years degree are included then may be things can work out.

I really don't know that if above will workout or not but in my opinion you should first contact the UK University and see what they says about it.

Regards,