Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Last weekend in UK

Default Last weekend in UK

So, this is it! Our last weekend in the UK is upon us. We will mostly be seeing friends, having a leaving party and finishing cleaning our flat.

We fly on Tuesday night and my parents, brother and sister are coming to Heathrow to see us off.

Even though I'm sitting in a mostly empty lounge it still doesn't feel real. I'm not sure it will until we're on the plane, or maybe not until we arrive. I'm very excited though, and only a little worried about the luggage allowances!

How exciting! Good luck with everything. Hope it all goes smoothly.

Welcome to the netherland: after the movers and before the flight! I think after the party it will feel much more real!

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

I remember that surreal feeling of disbelief. Even when we were on the flight we couldn't quite believe it was really happening. Even after we transited at LAX. And even when we landed in Wellington. It all just seemed so unreal! But it is.

Enjoy your last weekend

Enjoy...I remember taking a pic of the sun going down on the last night in our house in Scotland...as the party was going in in my back garden...cleared up the next day and headed to the airport hotel......bring aback bittersweet memoried....so much excitement and so many tears....but it has been worth it!

Hope it all goes well - make some good memories.

Enjoy your weekend and have a safe journey.

Best of luck with your journey!

Good luck to you! Enjoy.

Ah good luck and safe journey! We set off from the UK on September 30th and after spending a few exciting days in Hong Kong arrived here is Auckland safe and sound yesterday afternoon. Feeling exhasuted and quite shell shocked but very excited. Seeing what Auckland has to offer before heading up north to the Bay of Islands, then to Rotorua and Taupo before making our way down to Welly. After a few days down there we'll be heading off to explore the South Island for a few weeks before ending up back in Wellington to find somewhere to live.

It does indeed feel surreal but after all the sadness of saying goodbye, arriving here felt completely amazing and much less daunting than I'd expected.

Hope you feel the same when you get here - enjoy it! :-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast