Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We've arrived!

Default We've arrived!

Hi all,

We've arrived in Wellington! Yay!

We landed yesterday to a glorious evening in Wellington, bright sunshine and only a light breeze, the weather hasn't been as good today - a bit overcast, chilly and breezy, but still really bright and certainly not enough to damper spirits. Still feeling a bit tired, but after a long sleep last night I am at least feeling human again.

We're staying in the most gorgeous holiday apartment in Kelburn, it has views out across the whole of the city and the harbour. The only downside is the steps to get up to it, but I guess that something I'll get used to in Wellington!

We've spent our first day doing new arrivals things - getting our bank accounts up and running, getting snapper cards, sim cards for phones etc. Pretty productive really. Tomorrow we start house hunting!

We've also heard from Pickfords and the container with our stuff in is due to leave tomorrow and is expected in Wellington on 21st November, a whole month earlier than we had thought (they weren't sure because it's gone groupage and Christmas was the worst case scenario).

It's all very exciting, if somewhat unreal. It feels like we're on holiday at the moment. I'm sure it will feel more real when we have our own place and when I start working.

Yay! xxx

Welcome home, looking like Wellington is going to give you a wild and windy welcome tomorrow but it'll soon pass and we'll be back into spring sunshine

Haere mai! Welcome home! Apparently the weather's going to be rather awful this weekend so batten down the hatches! I think I saw 130 kph winds on the forecast yay for October!

Glad to hear you are feeling human after the flight and good luck with getting settled. Looking forward to hearing how you get on as we will hopefully be following you to Wellington in a couple of months.

Welcome to Wellington! It was a beautiful day yesterday, so what a welcome that must have been for you.

The first place we stayed in on arrival had 80 odd steps so I can sympathise! Enjoy the next few days getting over the journey - take it easy and enjoy the view.

Happy to hear that you had a great first day.!!

Good to hear about your first day experience and All The best for future....

Just had a thought, can we open a Bank account remotely before going to NZ? In addition to it, what other imp things/tasks can be done remotely to make smooth arrival in NZ. Seeking suggestions.....

Have fun house hunting.

How did you get on with your luggage ?

Congratulations! You've made it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast