Thread: Leaving Dunedin :(

Default Leaving Dunedin :(

We have been living in Dunedin for 5 years now in lovely idyllic Broad Bay. It's been a wonderful time for our family to experience the simple pleasures of living in a closeknit community. Broad Bay has offered our family a stunning waterfront view, a friendly community that values quality relationships and the small intimate school that has been the real highlight - an extension of our family really! Not to mention the accessibility of some of the most beautiful wildlife in NZ - sealions, penguins, albatross ...
    In this fast paced modern world, it's been a real blessing to savour the simple delights of raising a family in such a beautiful place.
    We are relocating for my husband work to Hawkes Bay.
    If anyone is thinking of shifting to Dunedin, we can't Broad Bay highly enough!
    We have been very blessed.

Sounds as though you've had a special time.....we're coming here on holiday in the summer so can't wait.

Enjoy your time in Hawkes Bay, it's pretty special there too.

Totally agree, we're in Company Bay (Dunedin)...about 3 mins from Broad Bay. Been here for the past 6 years and couldn't imagine being anywhere else....HEAVEN!

Karen

Hello and welcome. And sympathies...

We're currently in Clevedon, about 25km south(ish) of Auckland. We've visited Hawkes Bay - it is a wonderful place.

We're considering moving to Dunedin... And that's how I found this thread. "Where to live in Dunedin?" was the question in my mind, and i sounds as though Broad and Company Bay ought to be on our list to investigate!

I know all cities have good and not-so-good areas - can anyone help us with which areas are which? We're happy to live up to 20-30 minutes out of the city (provided we can get our daughter into a good school).

TIA,
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by gjm124 View Post
    I know all cities have good and not-so-good areas - can anyone help us with which areas are which? We're happy to live up to 20-30 minutes out of the city (provided we can get our daughter into a good school).

TIA,
    Graham
    Hi Graham, I would suggest starting a new thread on this, anyway there are several threads in the past where we addressed this question. I would think that there is no change in what areas 'suitable'.