Thread: Job openings for PMP certified IT manager with 10 yrs of experience

Question Job openings for PMP certified IT manager with 10 yrs of experience

Hello Friends,

I want to know how is IT job market in nz for PMP certified PM which has technical background in microsoft technologies (C#.net/Biztalk/sharepoint).

Thanks

You can check on seek.co.nz, trademe.co.nz and few others to understand the current IT market scenario.

Thanks raj. I want to know how do people get job before applyin eoi? Even if percentage is low but how only that
    10 or 20 percent get d job offer? I want job so dat my processing of app gets faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicks View Post
    Thanks raj. I want to know how do people get job before applyin eoi? Even if percentage is low but how only that
    10 or 20 percent get d job offer? I want job so dat my processing of app gets faster.
    You are in the same boat as I was 6 months back. This is really tricky. NZ employers prefer u to be in NZ for interview along with valid visa and Immigration guys want u to have a job. A perfect deadlock. Even I'm not sure how do ppl get a job remotely. I can guess that their skills are in very high demand in NZ and employer can't find a suitable recruit for the same profile. Thats the only case looking feasible to me. Otherwise u can go on a visitor visa and give some interviews :-).

May be others on the forum, who has got their job remotely can answer in a better way.

I know three guys who got job before coming to New Zealand. All of them work in Filenet. I guess if you are some developer who can work in file net has bright chances.

It is possible only with Global companies which have branch in NZ. Try HP , Infosys(Gen I in NZ) or capgemini jobs and relacate to NZ.

For global companies, it depends upon their policies. I think they will provide you a job opportunity only after getting a PR/Work visa OR u got inot a project having an onshore loc at NZ :-).

Quote Originally Posted by shawankit View Post
    It is possible only with Global companies which have branch in NZ. Try HP , Infosys(Gen I in NZ) or capgemini jobs and relacate to NZ.
    Not true. I had four phone interviews for an IT job with a Bank and got my job offer before I move here permanently. It can be done, though it has to be said that it is much more rare in this economic climate. Whereas I was the only candidate they could find in 2007, the same could not be said five years later.

Project managers are needed here, but being oversea will make you the last choice. Most projects are in urgent needs and employers usually can not wait three months for you to start working. Moreover you need to show your passion for this country by physically being here, otherwise they will not think you are really a sincere applicant.