Thread: Partnership Residency, Moscow Branch (Russia)

Default Partnership Residency, Moscow Branch (Russia)

G'day to everyone!

I'm new at this forum and I'd like to share my experience, maybe it will be helpful for somebody.
    My husband is kiwi, I am russian and we have been living together in Moscow for 2 years now and decided to move to NZ.

It was a loooong process to get all the documents in order but we did it!

On the 9th of October, 2012 we brought everything we had (a massive pile of stuff haha) to the Moscow branch.
    On the 18th of October, 2012 I got an acknowledgment letter from my CO - Marina Grigorieva. She seems to be a very friendly and helpful person. She asked me to clarify some details about my husband's work, next week I think it will be done so we will wait for the further information. Acknowledgment letter I got from Marina sais that the final decision will be made within 6-8 months. Well... we will see

If you have any questions about our relationship proof docs, translations, verifications, police checks, medical docs - ask, I will be happy to help because I think by now I know everything about applying for a Perthership Category in Moscow

Hello and welcome.

Hello & welcome!

P

Weeeelll.. Not many Russians are here as I can see But I'll update this post anyway - one day somebody might use it.

21 of February 2013 - my residency was approved in principle
    1st of March - CO informed me about it
    5th of March - we paid the Migrant Levy
    7th of March - my passport is ready for collection

YAY!

Congratulations!

Hi there, that is great to hear my partner is armenian and we have just tried to get her a visitor visa with me as a sponsor so we can live together for 3 months and apply for a partnership based work visa, however they ave declined the visitor visa and offered a limited visa, this is not so good for us as she will have to go home and apply for the next visa (work vissa based on partnership) from her home. we are worried about this as if they ask for more evidence of our relationship we may not be able to provide it as we would be apart from each other again.

we were really hoping we would get a visitor visa rather than a limited visa and even said this in our cover letters but we were still granted a limited visa only, another thing on our minds is if the partnership based work visa is declined when she goes back to apply again that if we apply for a visitor visa again to give us another chance at getting more evidence they may provide a limited visa again, which means she would have to go home a second time to apply again! this is quite stressful for us and will end up being expensive also if she has to fly back home all the time to apply for further visas.

Do you have any information that may help us?
    even if you do not i would like to know the evidence you supplied of your partnership as that may help us with our partnership based work visa
    Last edited by David12345; 26th July 2015 at 03:58 PM.

oh dear, it doesn't sound like fun at all how much time have you spent together? I guess it must be not long enough for immigration if they keep declining visitor visa.. I'm afraid I can't help in your situation, I'd personally recommend to try spending more time together so you have more evidence and proof of "partnership" time that is long enough but maybe there are better ways that I just can't think about right now. Do you mind telling a bit more about your relationship?

Evidence that I can think of:

- photos of you 2 together + friends or family members on these photos
    - letters from both of you
    - letters from friends, family members describing your relationship (good if you have them on photos with you so there is an evidence that these are real people)
    - letters/postcards addressed to both of you (we provided birthday cards from my husband's family addressed to me, for example)
    - any more or less legal piece of paper with both of your names - tickets, hotel bookings, invoices, bills, insurance/bank statements, anything will work!
    - cell phone logs - I've printed out all cell phone history from my and my partner's cell phone and highlighted txts and phone calls to each other
    - skype logs, emails to each other
    - letters to each other

You might think it is too much - it is never too much with immigration people haha We provided 2 huge folders packed with documents and guess what? They waned more!

Good luck, it isn't an easy fight but it worth it!

Hi there, thank you so much for your reply,

They are willing to provide a limited visa for 5 months, which will give us time to gather evidence in NZ to apply for a partnership visa, but with a limited visa she has to go home to apply for the partnership visa, if she was on a visitor visa she could apply for the partnership visa in NZ while we are both still together. I have herd in the INZ branch in moscow they usually give limited visas first and then visitor visas, but i can not be sure of that of course.

so our only option at the moment is to accept the limited visa so we can live together for 5 months and gather evidence of our relationship, how ever when she goes back home and applys for the partnership visa we are scared they might ask for some evidence we did not get while she was here, and we would not be able to get it as we would be apart from each other.

The other option is (hopefully) if the partnership visa was declined they would offer a visitor visa, and not a limited visa, but we are unsure if she would be given a limited visa or visitor visa.

one quick question, you said they asked you for more evidence, did you include the evidence in that list of evidence you just told me? i want to make sure i gather anything that will be required while she is here

and thank you so much for your help

we are scared they might ask for some evidence we did not get while she was here, and we would not be able to get it as we would be apart from each other
    You're quite right to think that angle through. Then again, the regulations say that if the couple is apart for a time in the lead-in to the application, they need to give a good reason (in your case, it's because the visa they will have given means that she had to leave), then evidence of how they have kept in contact during the separation. So you will need to be prepared to supply phone records, proof of Skype or other internet connections, financial payments one to the other (if appropriate), receipts for gifts (if any), etc., etc. - anything you can think of.

Hi there, sorry it took me ages to reply. I suppose there is no much point of guessing what visa can they give you and what they can't, you need to work with what you have The main thing is that you are prepared for that and will keep all papers for your proof that you would normally throw out.

We were lucky and had a very good stuff to show as our proof - in Russia all foreigners have to be registered and have a paper with the current address. I registered my partner at my house and I also could show that I live at the same address. Those papers covered almost 2 years of us living together.

I can't really think of anything else, that list I gave you before has pretty much everything that we provided.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help