Thread: Job Market for Telecom Engineer and Project management roles in telecom sector....

Default Job Market for Telecom Engineer and Project management roles in telecom sector....

Hi;

I am planning to come NZ in feb 2013,please guide me about job maket in Telecom sector in Technical(Engineering) sector and Management roles.

everyone is saying that there is no job in telecom sector :-( but telecom sector is in skill shortage list and future growth area in NZ.

Thanks.

Have a look at this site.

http://www.seek.co.nz

Are you looking for technical or management roles?

What visa type will you have when you arrive?

hi zakwan

I would like to share some of the things I observed during my job search of 2 months (and ongoing) here in NZ in Telecom/ IT/ Electronics Engineering.

There are definitely jobs in IT/ telecom field here both in technical as well as management side. So, I can see why it is on shortage skill list. You can find plenty of them in seek.co.nz.

And yeh! what your frens say that there is not much jobs in telecom sector are also absolutely correct coz there is no job for starters or intermediate level. The jobs advertised are for top or near top levels with lots of experience in the field. If you have that much experience, you would not be bothering to come to NZ and have a fresh start.

These jobs you see in seek are all from recruitment agencies who try to place a top notch executive/ engineer from one firm to another firm and receive a good commission in between.

This is just an impression I got from experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudgun View Post
    Are you looking for technical or management roles?
    I am looking for technical role...

Quote Originally Posted by Ana&Steve View Post
    What visa type will you have when you arrive?
    I have SFV and planning to come NZ in Feb,2013.

Quote Originally Posted by MK33 View Post
    hi zakwan

I would like to share some of the things I observed during my job search of 2 months (and ongoing) here in NZ in Telecom/ IT/ Electronics Engineering.

There are definitely jobs in IT/ telecom field here both in technical as well as management side. So, I can see why it is on shortage skill list. You can find plenty of them in seek.co.nz.

And yeh! what your frens say that there is not much jobs in telecom sector are also absolutely correct coz there is no job for starters or intermediate level. The jobs advertised are for top or near top levels with lots of experience in the field. If you have that much experience, you would not be bothering to come to NZ and have a fresh start.

These jobs you see in seek are all from recruitment agencies who try to place a top notch executive/ engineer from one firm to another firm and receive a good commission in between.

This is just an impression I got from experience.
    Thanks for sharing your experience. Now what you recommend.
    what is your core field in telecom (RF,TXN, BSS etc)
    And at which Visa you are searching job (Visit or Skilld migration Visa)