Thread: PAR & IQA Confusion results

Exclamation PAR & IQA Confusion results

Hi every body

In case i submit my EOI with 140 points with PAR results with Level 9 for my Master degree in Civil Engineer & Level 7 for my wife Bachelor degree in IT, and i got selected from the pool, then i apply for IQA and got less levels than we got it in PAR me and my wife for our degrees, so what will happen in this case ? they will reduce our points and send our application back to the pool???

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by bilaltaha View Post
    Hi every body

In case i submit my EOI with 140 points with PAR results with Level 9 for my Master degree in Civil Engineer & Level 7 for my wife Bachelor degree in IT, and i got selected from the pool, then i apply for IQA and got less levels than we got it in PAR me and my wife for our degrees, so what will happen in this case ? they will reduce our points and send our application back to the pool???

Thanks in advance.
    HI Bilal,

This is very true that in case you will get less Level in IQA then your points will decreased and they will put you back in the Pool. But the truth is that everyone whoever applied for the IQA, asks the same question on this forum and most of them got the same result in IQA as it was in their PAR. Have you done a 4 year Bachelor of Civil Engineering and later on did a 2 years of Masters of Civil Engineering ? If yes then I don't think that your points will decrease.

Can you mention something about your experience and your wife's qualification ? Degree Name, Length of Course ?

Just as a summary, in NZ, one year = 120 Credits. Bachelors Degree which is at Level-7 in NZ, is mostly of 480 Credits i.e. 4 years and sometimes of 360 Credits i.e. 3 Years but still it all depends on the depth of course and type of subjects and details you have studied in your degree. e.g my 3 Years Bachelor of Computer Science was considered a Bachelor Degree at Level-7 and there was a guy on this forum whose 4 Years of Bachelor Degree was considered to be a Level-6 Degree. So the Course Contents actually matters in this case.

And you cannot confirm this from anyone until you will not apply for an IQA.

Regards,

Dear,
    afmamoon.i am applying for par,i work in qatar as network engineer..need ur help?

can u reply me [removed]
    Last edited by ENZ; 22nd October 2012 at 07:41 AM. Reason: See Forum Rules: No personal emails to be posted. Use private messaging (5 posts needed to activate this.)

Quote Originally Posted by bilaltaha View Post
    Hi every body

Thanks in advance.
    Hi Bilal,
    @afmamoon has explained you in detail. I can share my personal suggestion which i have learnt based on experience so far.

If you are seriously thinking to go far INZ immigration than first calculate your points using points indicator with minimum level, Once that's done I would suggest go for IQA directly and leave PAR it will save you as following :
    - Before EOI submission you will sure about your points/NZQA Level.
    - Once ITA received you will not have to wait for IQA process which itself is tense "will i get expected level or not".
    - Will save PAR cost for you and your wife.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Thanks haideeali for you advice but i already did PAR before.

Thanks afmamoon, for me i did three years of bachelor in Civil Engineering in which three courses of studding in each year then i follow it with two years of Master Degree.
    I have one year experience in bridges in UAE and 5 years experience in road and bridges in Nigeria.
    My wife qualification is a bachelor in Computer and Information Technology and she got it it four years.

Thanks

Hi,

For your wife, For the moment it seems that she will get Level - 7.
    Can't say anything about your qualification. Just apply for the IQA and keep your fingers and toes crossed :-)

One thing more, If you will manage to get even Level-8 for your qualification, you will still get through bcz you have 6 years of experience in an AASS. I think you will end up with minimum 140 points. Have you calculated your points yet ? If yes then can you mention them here for the members to check and confirm ?

Note : In order to claim points for your wife's qualification, she must have IELTS minimum 6.5 overall.

Regards,