Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Work Visa under Partnership - Declined but was given Visitor Visa instead

Default Work Visa under Partnership - Declined but was given Visitor Visa instead

Hi everyone,

My partner applied for the Work Visa under partnership but was declined, instead she was given a Visitor Visa
    We have the following documents:
    • Joint bank account (more than 1 year)
    • Credit cards bills on same address (more than 1 year)
    • Mobile phone bills on same address (9 months)
    • Our dog registration paper showing both our names and same address (more than 1 year)
    • Pictures with family and friends (since highschool to present)
    • Emails and Postcards (since first yahoo days)
    • Chronological love story

The CO told her that her Word Visa application will be denied but she can opt to downgrade it to a Visitor Visa instead?

I don't get it.

Did the CO say why, and suggest any further steps?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Did the CO say why, and suggest any further steps?
    Hey JandM,

The CO said that we were able to establish that we have a stable and genuine relationship but was not able to provide proof of living together.
    She did not ask for any other proof, she just offered my partner if she wants a Visitor Visa for 9 months instead. Otherwise if we decided to proceed with the Work Visa application, there is a high chance that it will be denied.

The CO also ask my partner to write an email stating that she agrees to downgrade her application to a Visitor Visa.

The Visitor Visa was delivered yesterday, 9 months, single entry.

Happy Holiday!

Did your documents show all those evidence from , lets say, today to a year back? As far as I know INZ is looking for proof of you living together 'now', not some time back. I know that is probably not helpful and of little consolation.....

So I guess you have agreed to go with the visitor's visa, and everything to do with that application, and that CO, is now behind you. From now, for the future, the important thing is to make sure you collect every possible kind of proof that you are living together, so that when you re-apply, nobody can throw any doubts at you.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    So I guess you have agreed to go with the visitor's visa, and everything to do with that application, and that CO, is now behind you. From now, for the future, the important thing is to make sure you collect every possible kind of proof that you are living together, so that when you re-apply, nobody can throw any doubts at you.
    @newarrival - we have proof of living together until i left for NZ (sept 2012).
    @JandM - we are still thankful she got the 9 moths visitor visa. we will continue our application when she arrives here.

all that's important is we see each other again.

Hi,

This is what happened to our application for Visit Visa under Partnership, although in our case we anticipated that my partner will be offered a general visit visa instead as we haven't lived together. We accepted the offer and plan to apply work visa under partnership once we have enough proof that we're living together here in NZ.

Anonimoose

Quote Originally Posted by network_guy View Post
    @newarrival - we have proof of living together until i left for NZ (sept 2012).
    @JandM - we are still thankful she got the 9 moths visitor visa. we will continue our application when she arrives here.

all that's important is we see each other again.

Exactly same happened with me but in my case they didn't ask for the permission rather just replied they are
    stamping a VV General. I was so disappointed by their decision and challenged them back and now waiting for
    their response.

In any case can you please tell me do we need to buy a return ticket in this type of visitor visa or a one way ticket
    will do? was there anything written on this 9 month VV ?

Cheers

Hi Guys,

I am writing on this old thread as don't want to initiate new thread under same category. I had arranged marriage in Dec 2014 and have to come NZ in Jan 2015. My wife applied for "Work Visa under Partnership" , we provided whatever evidence we have like Marriage certificate , my name showing as husband on her ID card and Passport. Some email communication in that period. Unfortunately , our application was denied and has not given been any chance to present anything extra. Have not been offered any general category visa as well. Not sure what should be the next step. CO has closed the application. Thanks for any help. Any suggestion ???

Best Regards
    Last edited by mafp; 9th March 2015 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mafp View Post
    Hi Guys,

I am writing on this old thread as don't want to initiate new thread under same category. I had arranged marriage in Dec 2014 and have to come NZ in Jan 2015. My wife applied for "Work Visa under Partnership" , we provided whatever evidence we have like Marriage certificate , my name showing as husband on her ID card and Passport. Some email communication in that period. Unfortunately , our application was denied and has not given been any chance to present anything extra. Have not been offered any general category visa as well. Not sure what should be the next step. CO has closed the application. Thanks for any help. Any suggestion ???

Best Regards
    INZ does not view marriage as anything more than another piece of evidence of a genuine and stable relationship. Are you living together currently? How long have you lived together? Living together for the LAST 12 months is critical!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast