Thread: Advice on job search in it sector

Default Advice on job search in it sector

I worked as a secondary school computer teacher in my home contry teaching c++ to students. I received wtr for nz. I am planning to move to nz in feb.
    I need to search for a skilled job in nz to get pr.

Teaching comes in skilled catelgory or not

please give me advice what i should do to get a skilled job
    .net
    web developer
    java
    database
    so that i can start my career at fresher level in nz asap.

Do you have a formal teaching qualification? Are any of the formal qualifications that you do have appear on this list or this list?

If you already have WTR, I assume that you have qualifications from one of the above lists. Once you find a job you should be able to start putting together the basic of your Residence from Work Visa (details here).

i received wtr in oct of this teacher. but in my home country i worked as a teacher in nz i have to look for skilled job

Congratulations on your success with the WTR. If you use the search function (top right corner of the screen) and use any of the fields you listed you should get a lot of helpful information (e.g. 'web developer' gave 43 hits). As for finding a job, I think there are sometimes things that come up here, and others have suggested seek.co.nz, trademe.co.nz Adams Girl reports that s/he got employed in your sector from overseas, so it seems possible, although that was a few years ago and the market has changed since then. My experience is that there is no substitute to being on the ground and pressing palms (meeting people and making connections). Good luck.

thanks