Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which visa for my husband

Default which visa for my husband

we are in a slightly unusual situation I am UK citizen who holds Australian Passport for myself and one son, (just applying for decent for the little chubba) so good as gold for us!, we have lived in NZ for 15 months a couple of years ago and my husband came over and secured a job but it seems that other people didnt do this first and came over and got a visa in NZ. What is the easiest way to do it ? my husband is a qualified mechanic and it was on the skills shortage before (also has a fitness instructor qualification now)
    Any ideas ?

English Fe sorry to reply and not give an answer to your question. I don't know what's best in your place.

Is your name English Iron or am I wrong?

Nope

I think he'd be able to get a partnership visa of some variety, but but sure which one..

With Australian permanent residence, you will get NZ Residence as a formality. http://www.dol.govt.nz/immigration/k...base/item/1068

Once you have Residence, you are eligible to sponsor your husband for Residence under the family stream. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ly/default.htm For this, apart from the character and health checks everyone has to do, all you have to provide is evidence of your partnership. (See on INZ, and old threads on here - it's a matter of showing a live-in relationship for at least the last 12 months and ongoing.) His qualifications and career aren't enquired into at all. This is one of the most straightforward visas to get, therefore, if you're genuine, and it is prioritized. Once he has Residence, he can take any job he's offered.

What nationality is your husband?

Hello & welcome!

P

HI JandM Thank you for your comments. My husband is British. myself and my 7 year old hold an australian and uk passport. I was born in OZ and my british parents moved back to UK when I was 2 or 3 I havent been back to oz since. do you think that makes a difference? No prob with relationship we have been married for 8 years and two children (the 2 year old i am in the process of applying for an australian passport)

The reason I was asking about your husband's nationality was thinking that as long as he's British, he can enter NZ easily as a visitor, and sort out his visa after that.

So do you have officially Australian nationality, or permanent residence? That link I gave you said a permanent resident will get NZ Residence easily. I don't know if this also applies to an Australian citizen, and if that's your situation, you'd better check with INZ that you would be eligible to sponsor your husband.

There's no problem that your relationship exists/has existed, but you need to take seriously the issue of proving it - the mere fact of being married, and having children together, doesn't tick all the boxes. It's better to go for overkill! http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...artnership.htm

JandM Thank you for your reply, sorry been a while since i managed to log on last. I guess I have Australian nationality will have to check that out.
    Proving relationship, we have enough photos on the computer to fill a good few albums.The thought would have crossed my mind that we would have to prove we have lived together for 9 years.

The following people are waived from having to obtain a residence class visa to travel to New Zealand:
    a. citizens of the Commonwealth of Australia; and
    b. people who hold a current permanent residence visa (including a resident return visa) issued by the Government of Australia;
    Source & Link : http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/i30946.htm

All the best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast