Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Regarding work experience

Unhappy Regarding work experience

Hi,
    I was going thru the thread Officially EOI declined! in that thread it is given that EOI rejected as experience is not as per the given condition

SM11.10.1 Definition: Comparable labour market
    a. Work experience is assessed as being in a comparable labour market if it was undertaken in one of the following countries by:
    i a citizen or permanent resident of that country; or
    ii a person who had the lawful authority to work in that country.
    Australia Malaysia
    Austria New Zealand
    Belgium-Luxembourg Netherlands
    Canada Norway
    Cyprus Philippines
    Denmark Portugal
    Finland Republic of South Korea
    France Singapore
    Germany South Africa
    Greece Spain
    Iceland Sweden
    Ireland Switzerland
    Israel United Kingdom
    Italy United States
    Japan

b. Work experience undertaken in a country not listed at (a) above will be assessed as being in a comparable labour market only if it was undertaken for a multinational commercial entity (including a wholly or majority owned subsidiary of such an entity that bears the same core name as the parent company) domiciled in one of the countries listed in (a) above.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/

Now the question is that my EOI got selected on 3rd oct... I am from India and my company is not a multinational but we have office in US and UK and all our clients are based in US and UK..... Is this ok or my application can get rejected on the same basis as above ..... as ITA fees it too much for me so just wanted to confirm before taking risk .... thanks in Advance
    Moin
    Last edited by Dave in NZ; 26th October 2012 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Link to INZ website added

I think you can claim points for your experience gained in India only if it was in the Area of Absolute Skill Shortage

Yes you can claim points for work experience in Area of absolute shortage skills no matter where it is gained

Yes my job it there in LTTSL list But as mention above my company is not an multinational or has a brand name of its own

Quote Originally Posted by moin_a_s View Post
    Yes my job it there in LTTSL list But as mention above my company is not an multinational or has a brand name of its own
    Shouldn't be a problem. My company domiciled in Belarus which is definitely not in comparable market, but I successfully claimed points for 6 years of experience (because of LTSSL).

Thanks KolA ... that gives me confidence ..... I did my medical applied for police verification and was collecting documents when I see this post so was just worried ..... now I can go ahead with my plan ....Thanks a Lot

SM13.20 Work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage

Recognised work experience is assessed as being in an area of absolute skills shortage if:
    it was undertaken in an occupation included on the Long Term Skill Shortage List (refer Appendix 4) or that was on the Long Term Skill Shortage List at the time the principal applicant’s Expression of Interest was selected; and
    it meets the specifications for that occupation; and
    the principal applicant is suitably qualified by training and/or experience to undertake that work (including any specific requirements set out in column 3 of the Long Term Skill Shortage List or that were listed on the date their Expression of Interest was selected).
    Where the Long Term Skill Shortage List specifies that occupational registration is required for a listed occupation, the principal applicant must demonstrate that they:
    held occupational registration while undertaking the work experience, if occupational registration was required in the country in which the work occurred; and
    hold current full or provisional New Zealand occupational registration, or meets the requirements of SM19.15.b.ii if registration is required from the New Zealand Medical or Dental Council.
    SM13.20.1 Evidence

Recognised work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage only qualifies for points if the principal applicant provides evidence that satisfies an immigration officer that their work experience meets the requirements of SM13.20 above.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Sorry Didnt get your point JandM

Hi
    Due to copyright you need to give a link to where you get this information from. This is in rule 7 on this forum. I have now added this link to your post

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25216

Quote Originally Posted by moin_a_s View Post
    Hi,
    I was going thru the thread Officially EOI declined! in that thread it is given that EOI rejected as experience is not as per the given condition

SM11.10.1 Definition: Comparable labour market
    a. Work experience is assessed as being in a comparable labour market if it was undertaken in one of the following countries by:
    i a citizen or permanent resident of that country; or
    ii a person who had the lawful authority to work in that country.
    Australia Malaysia
    Austria New Zealand
    Belgium-Luxembourg Netherlands
    Canada Norway
    Cyprus Philippines
    Denmark Portugal
    Finland Republic of South Korea
    France Singapore
    Germany South Africa
    Greece Spain
    Iceland Sweden
    Ireland Switzerland
    Israel United Kingdom
    Italy United States
    Japan

b. Work experience undertaken in a country not listed at (a) above will be assessed as being in a comparable labour market only if it was undertaken for a multinational commercial entity (including a wholly or majority owned subsidiary of such an entity that bears the same core name as the parent company) domiciled in one of the countries listed in (a) above.

Now the question is that my EOI got selected on 3rd oct... I am from India and my company is not a multinational but we have office in US and UK and all our clients are based in US and UK..... Is this ok or my application can get rejected on the same basis as above ..... as ITA fees it too much for me so just wanted to confirm before taking risk .... thanks in Advance
    Moin

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline and Dave View Post
    Hi
    Due to copyright you need to give a link to where you get this information from. This is in rule 7 on this forum. I have now added this link to your post

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25216

Sorry I was not aware of the rule ... I got that from one of the other post I posted the heading of the post but forgot to give the reference

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast