Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "oh crap I forgot....!"

Default "oh crap I forgot....!"

visa's in passports. flight booked. (sunday the 4th!). Boxes arrived for what little we are shipping. Selling stuff.

But for those of you have been there and done that, looking back, what did you forget??!! either to take on the plane, or to bring, or a loose end to tie up here, or wish you had done in advance to arriving in NZ.

what was your "oh crap" moment so I can learn from your mistake?

The missus..

Nick..

I started a job two weeks after we got here, and I didn't so much forget casual clothes, but I didn't really pack enough. I packed almost exclusively work clothes as that's what I was focused on. I got a bit sick of wearing my work clothes when I wasn't working as I'm usually a jeans + t-shirt kind of gal.

I'm also flying on the 4th, which airport are you flying from?

Quote Originally Posted by bell123321 View Post
    I'm also flying on the 4th, which airport are you flying from?
    Heathrow via singapore.... how about you?

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

I honestly can't say I had any of those moments. I was pretty organised, made lists etc, and managed to get everything done. If you don't, you can always sort it out when you get here

I brought British extension leads out with me- but on the container. It would have helped bringing one in luggage.

I'm gradually replacing plugs on my UK gear- but there is a lot that runs using a transformer, so extension leads are necessary (or source and buy new transformers...)

Ta,

Quote Originally Posted by Delta_Cephei View Post
    I brought British extension leads out with me- but on the container. It would have helped bringing one in luggage.

I'm gradually replacing plugs on my UK gear- but there is a lot that runs using a transformer, so extension leads are necessary (or source and buy new transformers...)

Ta,
    hay fever tablets and vitamins - unbelievably expense in NZ, yet can be had for next to nothing in the UK. Fortunately parents came over and brought me out many years of supplies.

Other than that, shoes. I binned some perfectly good shoes and leather sandals - only to replace them in NZ at five times the cost for lower quality. Just wish I'd stuck them in hand luggage now!

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Quote Originally Posted by edw123 View Post
    hay fever tablets and vitamins - unbelievably expense in NZ, yet can be had for next to nothing in the UK. Fortunately parents came over and brought me out many years of supplies.
    I would also add ibruprofen to this. I paid over $5 for 24 yesterday because I wanted some for work. But when I went to the US last year, I did a Wal-Mart run and bought shed loads, so much that I was worried customs might stop me and accuse me of being a druggie

Quote Originally Posted by Manks View Post
    I would also add ibruprofen to this. I paid over $5 for 24 yesterday because I wanted some for work. But when I went to the US last year, I did a Wal-Mart run and bought shed loads, so much that I was worried customs might stop me and accuse me of being a druggie
    I have stocked up on drugs! :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast