Thread: Mail the passport for stamping

Default Mail the passport for stamping

Hi

I am new to the forum and must say was frustrated finding how to start a new thread.

Anyway here are the vital statistics

Lodged in April 2009
    Approved in October 2012
    (Lost track all I can remember is last interviewed on July 6th 2012)

It was a long drawn process.

I need help I am asked to mail the passport for stamping.

They have not asked for photographs or anything else

When I mail the passport should I worry about sending anything else? What has been the experience by when will they mail back passport to me? Two weeks max? I hope so.

Also assuming I get a residency visa from Nov 2012 to Nov 2014. By when I can enter? (I have lots to do before I leave. )Meaning I can enter any time within two years? If I am not wrong 2 years from now which is by Nov 2014. Am i right?
    Last edited by Please Help; 28th October 2012 at 08:35 PM.

I am new to the forum and must say was frustrated finding how to start a new thread.
    For this, you need to start from the level of whatever forum best suits your subject matter. Choose from the main menu. http://www.enz.org/forum/forum.php Then open your choice of forum, say, 'Introductions'. http://www.enz.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22 Near the top left of that page, you will see a button labelled '+ Post New Thread'. Click on that, and you'll have a box that lets you name your thread and make the first post. (Names may not be the same, but there is a similar procedure for most online forums.)

From what you have said, I am still not certain about your situation. Did you apply for Residence under the Skilled Migrant Scheme? And when you say you were approved in October 2012, was this 'Approved In Principle'? I am trying to understand if you have Residence, not a Job Search Visa.

If that is correct that you're getting Residence, then it doesn't run out, in the sense that with Residence, you would have the right permanently to live in NZ. The 'two years' refers to travel conditions that come with the initial grant of Residence, and start running from your arrival in NZ on a Residence visa. Here is an old post that explains the running of travel conditions and what comes after them. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....428#post448428

Likewise, if you're getting Residence, this is the scenario for having to travel to NZ. When you are told that you can pay the Migrant Levy and have the visa (blue stickers) put in your passport, you have SIX MONTHS to get the payment and the passport to INZ. From the date on the visa in your passport, you have a further TWELVE MONTHS before you MUST arrive in NZ and have the visa activated (by presenting your passport at Immigration at the airport upon arrival). If you don't activate the visa within 12 months, it would lapse and the whole process would be for nothing, so if you plan to travel at the limit of this time, allow a margin of time for bad weather or other travel delays.

Hi JandM

Thank you so much for your reply it was very helpful
    Yes my application has been approved in principle under SMC
    May I please know when I mail the passport by what time they will stamp and return it to me.
    Ideally it should be two weeks max but it will be nice if someone can respond with when did they receive the passport.

Many thanks

May I please know when I mail the passport by what time they will stamp and return it to me.
    I have no idea - I don't know that a time is specified anywhere. For one thing, the time spent in the post or with a courier will vary, depending on how far you away you live from the INZ office you are dealing with.

Hi

Thank you for your time. Greatly appreciate it. May I know whether one can get permanent residency right away or one gets residency for two years and then work towards permanent residency.
    Many thanx

The visa you get upon successful application under SMC is Residence. As you said, after a minimum of two years you can qualify for Permanent Residence. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm (There is sometimes some confusion, because INZ changed the terminology in November of 2010. You USED TO get PR with RRV as the first visa, then qualify for PR with IRRV. Old comments will be using these names.)

Hi..i am curious if CO will determine the interview based on how many job applications you submitted, any positive respond for the submitted applications? I noticed that if you do not have a visa and unable to determine your availabilty period, most likely the job application will not be successful. Anyone has a sharing on this? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ongbcd View Post
    if CO will determine the interview based on how many job applications you submitted, any positive respond for the submitted applications?
    Not totally about how many applications you submitted but it will give some indication on how serious you are with applying for jobs. Positive responses may add some weight e.g. if employer takes you through 2/3 rounds of interviews and the only bit stopping from employing is a visa/work permit. You can always keep this information as your research about job sector in your area of expertise.

This is very subjective questions so there will be lots of ifs & buts and there wont be a standard answer for it.