Thread: Daycare/Pre school in Kohimarama

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Daycare/Pre school in Kohimarama

Hello I'm moving to Kohi soon with my family and we have started our eldest at school and I'm now looking for a good preschool/daycare (not sure of the correct one yet) for our 3 year old. Can anyone recommend somewhere?

My slight difficulty at the moment is I don't have a job and don't know what kind of hours I will be doing when I find work but I'm guessing most employers would want a full day (9-5) at least out of me. I plan to work 3 days but won't know this for sure until I start testing the water which I plan to do in the new year after summer holidays.

I thought it would be good for him to go a couple of days a week anyway until I start work even just for a morning or afternoon session.

So far I've been told to look at Kindecare on Melanesia Road, Bears Park and ASB. I really like the look of ASB but it's only open til 4.30 which could cause problems if I'm working longer than that.

Any advice gratefully received!

Does anyone know of any others? Bear Park is my favourite so far but keen to explore all options

thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by VickiK View Post
    Hello I'm moving to Kohi soon with my family and we have started our eldest at school and I'm now looking for a good preschool/daycare (not sure of the correct one yet) for our 3 year old. Can anyone recommend somewhere?

My slight difficulty at the moment is I don't have a job and don't know what kind of hours I will be doing when I find work but I'm guessing most employers would want a full day (9-5) at least out of me. I plan to work 3 days but won't know this for sure until I start testing the water which I plan to do in the new year after summer holidays.

I thought it would be good for him to go a couple of days a week anyway until I start work even just for a morning or afternoon session.

So far I've been told to look at Kindecare on Melanesia Road, Bears Park and ASB. I really like the look of ASB but it's only open til 4.30 which could cause problems if I'm working longer than that.

Any advice gratefully received!
    Hi Vicki,
    I live in Kohi and have recently arrived back in NZ (We lived here for 12 years and then moved to Spain for 2 1/2 years. A friend of mine who works in early childhood education recommended a pre school called Small Miracles in St Heliers(not far away really) but it only does 9 till 3 so might not work if you are working, My 4 and 3 year old go there. All the others you have mentioned are all good. Bear Park probably has the best reputation around here. But they are all good. Send me an email if you like when you arrive and we can meet up for a coffee. I am originally from Ireland and always happy to meet with people from my side of the world! Cheers irene

Vicki, I imagine you have taken care of this already. But, I wanted to put in my 2 cents worth. I am studying Early Childhood Education and did 3 weeks student teaching at Kindercare Kohi and found it to be a very nice centre. Very family oriented, not too big, and friendly helpful staff.