Thread: When to start applying for jobs

Default When to start applying for jobs

Hi all

we are at the beginning of our application process, but was wondering is it worth applying for jobs at this early stage ? we have 135 points and do a job on the LTSSL

Quote Originally Posted by markandmel View Post
    Hi all

we are at the beginning of our application process, but was wondering is it worth applying for jobs at this early stage ? we have 135 points and do a job on the LTSSL
    Hi markandmel,
    Although chances of getting job when you are outside is very low, but if ones get job before/within application process its really great. Application will be processed quickly.
    If you have a look on https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...5M1BBZHc#gid=0 timelines you will notice the processing time difference for application with/without job offer.

Hopefully reply will help you.
    Regards.

Having said that I have done it twice I needed a job to secure my visa first time round I came out here on a recce and went round the agencies 2 months later I had a job, second time I started applying and had no problem gaining interviews and a well paid job. I t depends which industry yo are in how quick you are prepared to move and where you want to be. If you secure a role your visa will be fast tracked. Having said that we had a medical issue so initially came out on a work visa while our PR was being processed and was awarded 3 monhs after we arrived

Thanks for reply guys, OH is a special needs teacher with an Med, and was thinking of going for interview recce next year