Thread: Dependent Child Category

Default Dependent Child Category

Those of you who have read my previous posts will know eldest DD (who is on a WHV) was unsure whether she wanted to stay on after it expired.

She's decided she does so we have applied for a visa under the Dependent Child category. We were hoping we would be able to sponsor her when we'd been here long enough but that avenue was closed in July.

In with the application we have included a letter explaining why it is so important to us all that she stays with us. I know it won't make any difference to INZ but it made me feel as though we've done all we can to support the application.

Status on INZ has now changed to pending so we're keeping everything crossed.

Fingers crossed for you!

Best of luck! I am very grateful that we managed to make the move when our oldest child was still young enough to not consider staying behind.

Good luck. +++++++++++++++++

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSoul View Post
    Those of you who have read my previous posts will know eldest DD (who is on a WHV) was unsure whether she wanted to stay on after it expired.

She's decided she does so we have applied for a visa under the Dependent Child category. We were hoping we would be able to sponsor her when we'd been here long enough but that avenue was closed in July.

In with the application we have included a letter explaining why it is so important to us all that she stays with us. I know it won't make any difference to INZ but it made me feel as though we've done all we can to support the application.

Status on INZ has now changed to pending so we're keeping everything crossed.
    Any news yet?

They want more info, mainly to do with earnings, both here and in the UK. Still waiting for IR to send the relevant paperwork from UK.
    Have also applied for a WHV extension.

Fingers crossed for some good news.