Thread: What is 2nd person check?

Question What is 2nd person check?

Hi guys,

I asked my adviser about the progress of my application, he forwared me the email he received from my case officer, My case officer sent his recommendation on my application for 2nd person check!
    (and my application is awating for 2nd person check)
    Can anyone please explain me about it?
    is it positive or not?
    How long does it take usually for 2nd person check?

Thank you very much,
    Regards,
    Jack

EOI submitted : 23 Dec 2011
    EOI Selected : 11 Jan 2012
    ITA lodged : 10 Feb 2012
    ITA submitted : 2 May 2012
    1st Query :28 June 2012 (From SMC team wellington has asked the pay slips and bank statements for 6 months, IRD report last 12 months, repeat
    LFT and Hep C, & organisational chart )
    1st Query submitted:22 July 2012 ) )
    CO Assigned :13 August 2012 (Advised that he will do the assessment in few weeks)
    Quesry from CO : 6 Sep 2012 Got a letter from CO, advised to do Hep C (2nd Query submitted:14 Sep 2012)
    Got a confirmation from CO on 19 Sep 2012, that the results for blood test has been referred to the medical assessor
    8th November : Awaiting for 2nd person check

2nd person check is a review of what your CO has come up with, in terms of a decision I believe. Depending on the complexity of a file it can be turned around quickly...or not.

Hi which branch is your case allocated in?

I have also been waiting for this 2nd person check for a good 2 months now, still have not yet heard of anything yet.

Apparently, I have got told from my agent that Wellington branch (where my case is allocated) has very few people who are doing this job, even though there is a long queue for it....

Every case has to have a 2nd person check - an official of equal or higher rank than the CO looks over what your CO has done and decided, before the decision is told to the applicant. This is to see that there are no mistakes, and also to guard against corruption. There is no set time for the process, as, at any given time, the number of cases at that phase in the system will vary, but as has been said above, there seems to be a backlog right now.

It's at wellington branch!
    Thank you JandM.