Thread: Applying for Residency While in NZ- Wellington Branch

Default Applying for Residency While in NZ- Wellington Branch

I dropped off our ITA on Wednesday at Wellington branch and this morning a courier dropped off a package from INZ...I was nervous, wondering what the problem was and did I forget something. Turns out, it was just them returning our passports, birth certs, proof of relationship, and supporting docs. The letter said they've checked all that in and are keeping everything they need to process the application. I am quite happy to have our passports back; I assumed they'd be keeping them for months.
    The letter also stated that we would be assigned a CO within 16 weeks and that it will take 9-12 months to process (). It also asks nicely to please not call asking about our application unless we are changing information vital to the process.
    Just thought I'd share in case this info helps others in their adventure!

wish you all the best.good luck.

good luck.
    I dropped my application at Wellington branch as well but somehow transferred to Chch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana&Steve View Post
    The letter also stated that we would be assigned a CO within 16 weeks and that it will take 9-12 months to process ().
    Hi Ana, Even in our case they said 16 weeks for assigning the CO and 9-12 months to process..
    But CO started talking in 2 weeks and whole process was over in 4.5 months. (it took 4.5 months since we missed some documents and also our case was referred to MA once). But ours was in Hamilton branch

Quote Originally Posted by Ana&Steve View Post
    It also asks nicely to please not call asking about our application unless we are changing information vital to the process.
    Even we were indicated the same ..but whenever there was a slight delay we used to drop a email to our CO and he used to reply back almost the next day with the current status . Very nice of him
    Last edited by indo_americano; 9th November 2012 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by indo_americano View Post
    Hi Ana, Even in our case they said 16 weeks for assigning the CO and 9-12 months to process..
    But CO started talking in 2 weeks and whole process was over in 4.5 months. (it took 4.5 months since we missed some documents and also our case was referred to MA once). But ours was in Hamilton branch
    Even we were indicated the same ..but whenever there was a slight delay we used to drop a email to our CO and he used to reply back almost the next day with the current status . Very nice of him
    Thanks for sharing that indo-americano! I wondered if I dared to hope it would be sooner...have heard on the forum though that Welly Branch is slower/busier. I guess we get to practice patience...I suppose I need the practice as I am terrible at waiting!

And thanks everyone for the well wishes!

Wish you all the best and patience, a lot of patience!
    Please feel free to share your progress and experience in the thread for Wellington branch http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....ht=#post460043

Quote Originally Posted by nznr View Post
    Please feel free to share your progress and experience in the thread for Wellington branch http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....ht=#post460043
    You think you know a forum and next thing there's a whole thread you've never seen
    Thanks nznr, I will!

Quote Originally Posted by indo_americano View Post
    That's interesting, indo_americano. I recently got information that my application was resent from Wellington branch to the Hamilton branch.

Can you briefly outline how long did it take in your case for the initial assessment and verification to be done?

Your reply is highly appreciated Cheers.
    Last edited by nznr; 26th December 2012 at 08:40 PM.