Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We made it!

Default We made it!

Hi again everyone! I didn't drop off the face of the earth, just traveled around it!

We left Heathrow on Sunday evening, flew via Singapore on singapore airlines. They were terrific! Cosy seats with plenty of leg room in economy (I have flown virgin transatlantic and would rate them quite low on the scales compared to SA). The flight attendants we awesome. I have celiac disease and they provided gluten free meals, a bit blah, but still was something to eat.
    We arrived in Singapore, had the transit hotel for a few hours. Which I would recommend with children. They had a bath and a run around and could lay flat.
    Off to Brisbane then, another good flight.
    Then from Brisbane to Wellington with virgin blue.

Remember my post about fearing the flight with children? What rubbish! I worried so much about it and in the end it was all just fine! I gave them some anit sickness tabs, made my 5 yr old AWAKE... but honestly, they were good as gold, very tired, but they did awesome! All this pack this and that for them to entertain themselves.... goodness, they were happy with tv and games a bit of play doh and colouring. Clothes change was a must as eldest spilt her milk all over herself. And mini daughter tipped a glass of wine all over the lady behind her, she was standing up or something and it happened. thank goodness the lady was fine about it.

Another nice lady, allowed my daughter (2) to rest her little legs on her lap while her head was in my lap. I hope karma comes back to her, it was really nice.

A funny thing.... at security in Heathrow, I got asked to go off to the side and frisked. bags swabbed. I didn't think much of it. Then in Singapore the same thing happened..... THEN AGAIN in brisbane! OMG I must look like a total druggie. I don't mind, I know they had a job to do, but THREE times in a row?!?! LOL would have been better if it was a hot dude feeling me up, but nah, I got a woman!

All in all it has been good, getting the lil ones used to the time change has been challenging. I too feel out of sorts, head is there but body is not cooperating. I lost 8 pounds in 2 days (eat that weight watchers!).

We went to Pak and Save, it was very overwhelming. Though it will be part of the fun when I am less tired.
    We go and look at some houses today, fingers crossed.

DH has started work already, though in a very casual way. Bach house is lovely. Sun is lovely.

This is what I woke to on Wed morning.... gorgeous!

053.jpg

Hoping to catch up again, with on the ground questions for you all and looking for friends too!

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Welcome home! I'm glad Wellington put her glad rags on for you Happy the kids did well, it must be a relief to finally be here.

Welcome! Beautiful photo you took. You get to change your forum location now, so exciting!

Glad to hear about your happy landings.

Great to hear your update and amazing photo. Enjoy the summer

Quote Originally Posted by bananabellesmom View Post
    Hi again everyone! I didn't drop off the face of the earth, just traveled around it!
    And mini daughter tipped a glass of wine all over the lady behind her, she was standing up or something and it happened. thank goodness the lady was fine about it.
    Yes, thank goodness. Some people can become obnoxious in these circumstances, spoiling the journey for everyone. Accidents happen!

Quote Originally Posted by bananabellesmom View Post
    I lost 8 pounds in 2 days.
    What's your secret?

Good luck with the house hunting. It must be exciting.

Louise

Welcome home. Looks like a fantastic place!

Glad the children were OK on the flight. I worried about mine too but they were brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Louise Please View Post
    Yes, thank goodness. Some people can become obnoxious in these circumstances, spoiling the journey for everyone. Accidents happen!

What's your secret?

Good luck with the house hunting. It must be exciting.

Louise
    No idea! LOL the gluten free meals were less than desirable.... and I drank lots of water... most likely just water weight :-)

Well, we looked at 4 houses. One was VERY executive. I told the man that our children would destroy it in less than an hour. Beautiful, but not worth the risk. One was also very nice, but NO insulation what so ever, and dh was concerned about that.

Another one was on Raumiti beach, and we really liked it, but I am concerned about the drive into work for dh. I know he is used to commuting an hour or more, but I don't know if I want that "lifestyle" again. It is a hard decision.

the other house was what I would call a duplex, with someone else on the other side. That too was nice, but I just think that my kids are far too noisy.

no pressure at all !

Welcome home

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast