Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Work permit on spouse's student visa

Default Work permit on spouse's student visa

Hi...

I have got admission in Post Graduate Diploma in Accounting (Level -7). My husband will be eligible to get his work visa based on my student visa or he will get only visit visa?

If he is eligible for visit visa. Would he allow to find a job and can he apply for work permit from Newzealand or he has to go back to home country and apply for work permit?

Please reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayesha View Post
    I have got admission in Post Graduate Diploma in Accounting (Level -7). My husband will be eligible to get his work visa based on my student visa or he will get only visit visa?
    If he is eligible for visit visa. Would he allow to find a job and can he apply for work permit from Newzealand or he has to go back to home country and apply for work permit?
    Till somebody answers your post you may find this useful : http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....783#post445783

LTSSL list: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...30July2012.pdf

All the best

The mentions of accountancy in the LTSSL throw up the occupations of external or internal auditor, and the requirements in the last column, to be considered as an area of absolute skill shortage, give this.
    External Auditor: Bachelor Degree (Level 7) qualification majoring in accountancy or Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting (Level 7) AND membership or provisional membership with the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants AND at least one year relevant experience. Internal Auditor: Certified Internal Auditor qualification.
    Given the 'AND' part, I think you need to ask INZ about interpreting this for your particular case. (On the other hand, the university's department for dealing with foreign students might be able to tell you what has happened to previous people on your course.)

If your partner finds a skilled job while in NZ on a visitor's visa, he can apply in NZ for a work visa without having to leave the country first. You can look at requirements here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../requirements/

Thanks JandM and kool Kiwi..

Hi Ayesha,

Your course is Accounting or Accountancy ?
    Sorry to bring in a new doubt into the picture, but i highly recommend u to call up the INZ Auckland number exactly when it is 7AM (Auckland time) and ask them.

When i called up they told me that the course has to be EXACTLY the same as it is mentioned in the LTSSL. (I called up regarding accounting/accountancy level-7 doubt that my wife had)

-Hari

Hi Hari,

Do you have any idea that If I go for Graduate Diploma in Accounting Level 7, my husband will get work visa or not? I sent an e-mail to Dubai office but they declined to answer pre-assess application.

Hi Hari,

Do you have any idea that If I go for Graduate Diploma in Accounting Level 7, my husband will get work visa or not? I sent an e-mail to Dubai office but they declined to answer pre-assess application.
    yes ayesha he will get work visa.. when i came to nz as a student my husband came with me on work visa.

Hi Msher,

Which course you have applied and which college/university?

Post graduate diploma in business administration(finance) and i did it from Massey University

Hi Msher,

Which course you have applied and which college/university?

Hi,

sorry for the late reply on that, My wife happen to select this Level-7 Grad Dip course and I was about to apply for spouse Visa, that is when I had a 1% doubt if I will get the Visa or not so I called up the Auckland Immi number and was surprised to know that I was not eligible, so I inquired what if wife applies for the 'Accounting' course will I get Visa, he said "The couse wife is opting has to be exactly the same as mentioned on the LTSSList", so that is when she took a Level-8 course and I eventually was granted work visa

Hope u got the answer.
    -Hari

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast