Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Those from US, what do you buy from Amazon and ship to NZ? What is worth ir and what is not?

My source is an IKEA executive :-) That is about as much as I can say without pissing him off.

Well, I won't hold my breath, but it would make me very happy to not have to import every Ivar shelf in my 23kg luggage allowance once a year

Daniela

I know it takes time. Volume of goods they manage to sell even in small countries is humongous, so building enough parking is the least of their problems. Distribution center is in Australia and it will be Australian franchisees who will be opening at least two of them in NZ.

Use a Kindle..mine repaid itself in about 3 months! www.Fishpond.co.nz is a great website. I also order clothes from tescoes online, Marks and Spencer online and Next, all english stores but really good quality. Go to Target for a stock up...esp Tampax, mens razors and stick deodrant, multi vits, ibuprofen, tylenol and other toiletries.

So am I understanding it right from the previous post. If you buy from some sites example Amazon it would tend to be somewhat more affordable than buy in NZ. Also if you do stock up on materials for example at target, you can have them shipped over without any problems.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

NZ Post also runs the YouShop service that allows you to have a US postal address for any US websites that don't deliver to NZ. They then ship the package on for you to NZ.

Great link Manks, thank you for sharing. Retail price gougers beware, the giant from Seattle is coming to town! Go Amazon!!

Now if only they could ship groceries, and provide some competition to the duopoly.

Last edited by ScottNZ; 29th November 2012 at 12:33 PM.

I hope Ikea arrives before I do!

Quote Originally Posted by Manks View Post
    NZ Post also runs the YouShop service that allows you to have a US postal address for any US websites that don't deliver to NZ. They then ship the package on for you to NZ.
    Can you please advise on typical shipping cost of using this service for say a pair of shoes for example from US to NZ?

I've been using the US version of Youshop since it launched. Combined with Amazon Prime, I get most things within 2 weeks of placing an order.

Price varies by both weight and dimensions of the parcel to NZ. You get slammed for irregular shaped things. Sometimes shipping directly from Amazon to NZ is cheaper, however--if it's an item that Amazon USA will ship to NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Civil Engineer View Post
    Can you please advise on typical shipping cost of using this service for say a pair of shoes for example from US to NZ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast