Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NZ Speeding fines ?

Default NZ Speeding fines ?

Well, I have got zapped travelling from Hastings and towards Napier.The speed camera flashed,I didn,t see it at all.

I was doing 68 in a 50kph zone.Does any one know the cost or indeed the process of paying the fine.I am in an hire car .

Cheers
    Nick

The hire car company will forward the ticket to you for you to pay at whichever address you gave them when you hired the car, or they will talk to you about it when you give the care back as they will received the details.

It happened to us when we were on our reccie back in 2007 in a hire car and the ticket arrived in the UK for me to pay which i did by credit card to somewhere in Wellington.

Sorry the cost...................it was $80 for us but then they have a sliding scale depending on speed against what you should be doing. Once benefit if you are on a UK licence is that you dont get the points against you.

Quote Originally Posted by catt View Post
    Sorry the cost...................it was $80 for us but then they have a sliding scale depending on speed against what you should be doing. Once benefit if you are on a UK licence is that you dont get the points against you.
    I have a NZ driving licence and in 5 years have had 2 speeding fines and did not get any points added to my licence. If you get stopped by the police for speeding then you will get points added to your NZ licence but not for speed cameras.Uk Licence you will not get points

Found this
    Fines:
    • < 10 km/h = $30
    • 10 - 15km/h = $80
    • 15 - 20 km/h = $120
    • 20 - 25 km/h = $170
    • 25 - 30 km/h = $230
    • 30 - 35 km/h = $300
    • 35 - 40 km/h = $400
    • 40 - 45 km/h = $510
    • 45 - 50 km/h = $630 from here
    http://nz.answers.yahoo.com/question...0192052AAQaJSv I cannot seem to find these figures on any official website only a guide http://www.police.govt.nz/node/23172 so use these as a rough guide

I got snapped by a camera...apparently I was doing 77 in a 50 The ticket was $175 (ouch) and I sent an online banking payment; the instructions were on the fine. I've been watching my speed a lot more closely!

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

There is a sliding scale of fines depending on how far above the speed limit you were driving. See: http://www.police.govt.nz/node/23172

As alsready mentioned, offences caught on a camera won't incur points, police catching you will. But as you don't have an NZ driving licence, the points wouldn't count.

They are very hot on speeding here. There are surrepticious camera vans that move around the city and park up in "hot spots" for a couple of hours at a time before moving on. They are not easy to spot. Often the first you know of it is the fine in the post. But we've become pretty good at spotting them (in Wellington there's three vans - all Mitsubishi L300s, one is red, one dark green, and one white. They have antennas on the roof).

There might also be a fine from the rental car company, I think it was $30 for us, admin fee.

Not a cheap hobby, speeding...

Daniela

I have had 4 sadly. One was doing 60 in a 50 on a camera, fine about $80. Another for doing 60 in a 50 as I came out of Arthurs' Pass - another $80. One doing 110 driving down from Picton, $80 again. And the biggie was doing about 70 in a 50 in Greymouth (still maintain the sign was wrong, but anyway). That was 200 odd.

Only person to blame for all of these was.......me. Shouldn't have done it....

Just curious... what speed do you guys usually do in 50km/h zones? I haven't had my licence long and I don't like to go over 55 so I go anything from 50-55km/h. But often I find cars are right up my bum! I'm going OVER the limit, what speed do they want me to go?!?

(And yes I realise this thread is about people who speed :P )

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast