Thread: Adapters for U.S. to NZ electrical plugs

Default Adapters for U.S. to NZ electrical plugs

I just bought 15 adapters for U.S. to NZ electrical plugs for $1 each online. $12 shipping (!) but I got the plugs within just a few days. (Note, it is a U.S. company - I'm still in the U.S)

http://www.voltage-converter-transfo...wzealand/china

Nice! Definitely better to buy on the US side

While in NZ earlier this year, I priced adapters at Dick Smiths. Yikes. $14 for one!
    And as it looks like I'll be having non-stop visitors from the U.S., I can provide them with plug adapters for their laptops and hairdryers.

Thinking I might have to install a take-a-number machine by my front door.

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Dell View Post
    While in NZ earlier this year, I priced adapters at Dick Smiths. Yikes. $14 for one!
    And as it looks like I'll be having non-stop visitors from the U.S., I can provide them with plug adapters for their laptops and hairdryers.

Thinking I might have to install a take-a-number machine by my front door.
    I know you're saying this in joky fashion, but since I live in a prime holiday area of the UK, I know to say watch out that you don't make a rod for your own back - the instinct is to say, 'Yes, it'll be lovely to have you,' when friends ask, and it's only over time that you come to see how some people are using your place as a cheap hotel. There are other threads on here with horror stories of relationships gone sour on this issue. I found it hard to do at the start, but now I am really tough about saying to certain people, 'No, we've got things going on so it won't work out, but we'd love to meet you for a meal while you're in the area,' and recommending a B&B, or, 'Our finances are really tight just now, so I'd need to ask you for £x for the food and washing.' What my son's family in NZ have found toughest is the people out on holiday who just don't 'get' that they are, and need to be, working, going to school, etc., and they can't take the time to chill around till 1 a.m., or drive them to tourist places.

Good advice, JandM. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    What my son's family in NZ have found toughest is the people out on holiday who just don't 'get' that they are, and need to be, working, going to school, etc., and they can't take the time to chill around till 1 a.m., or drive them to tourist places.
    Amen.