Thread: SMC interview - study question

Exclamation SMC interview - study question

Hello!

During my SMC interview CO asked if I would study in NZ. My reply was that I might think about it at some later stage.

The theme of my answers was to migrate to NZ to settle and contribute, at no point I emphasised on starting studies in cases when difficult to find a job in my profession. There was no other question from CO thereafter.

Kindly elaborate if its contradictory to SMC policy to show intentions of further studies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner1 View Post
    Hello!

During my SMC interview CO asked if I would study in NZ. My reply was that I might think about it at some later stage.

The theme of my answers was to migrate to NZ to settle and contribute, at no point I emphasised on starting studies in cases when difficult to find a job in my profession. There was no other question from CO thereafter.

Kindly elaborate if its contradictory to SMC policy to show intentions of further studies.
    Normally the answer to that question is "NO" since you are Qualified Professional applying under SMC, if the applicant intend to study in NZ then he should go for Study Visa rather than SMC/ Residence Category. If the person going to study, the value add to NZ economy is nil, thats what CO will think about. I am not sure what can be the outcome or impact of the answer you gave as it depends on the CO, how well he interprets your answer and align himself.

No worries. All professionals need some skills upgrade sooner or later, you answer is expected and very reasonable.

I agree with joxa83, just relax and let CO do their work. Its understandable answer to improve one's qualifications later down the road in professional life. The outcome of your application will not only be based on that answer but also on rest of the responses.

I agree with mrx.

Thanks for all valuable inputs