Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for US Thanksgiving in Wellington?

Default Suggestions for US Thanksgiving in Wellington?

My husband and I just moved to Wellington from San Francisco this week. We thought it would be fun to celebrate the American Thanksgiving tomorrow, perhaps at a place where other American ex-pats would be. Does anyone have any suggestions? We want a place that can accommodate a vegetarian. We were thinking about Sweet Mother's Kitchen, but were hoping for something a little more upscale. Thanks for any recommendations!
    Allison

G'day. We are (Scottish) Americans living in Wellington, also just off the boat. There is a US/NZ society in Welly that does a Thanksgiving do...or everyone goes to a restaurant for Turkey day? Try googling them. I think it's quite common for folks to celebrate at the weekend...we are just about to get our turkey for Saturday.

...and BTW I think Welly has all the best bits of SF (sans bridge), Seattle and Vancouver. It's an easy place to love on a day like today.

Hello and welcome.

We're going to Sweet Mother's Kitchen tomorrow around 4:30-5pm

BTW, Sweet Mother's is doing a turkey, mash and gravy, and cranberry dinner, as well as a succotash that is veggie friendly. Of course there will be both pumpkin and pecan pie!

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Not exactly "upscale" but Chicago is doing a turkey special, and if the weather is good, it's a great location.

Thanks for the suggestions. I think we'll head over to Sweet Mother's - though we ran a race that ended at Chicago's on Tuesday, and I do want to give it a try sometime. I think my real Thanksgiving will come once we've found an apartment!
    Allison

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Quote Originally Posted by allison_sf View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. I think we'll head over to Sweet Mother's - though we ran a race that ended at Chicago's on Tuesday, and I do want to give it a try sometime. I think my real Thanksgiving will come once we've found an apartment!
    Allison
    Do you do the 5km run that's done every week? I play indoor football/soccer opposite in shed 1 on Tuesdays so tend to run the gauntlet amongst runners (I'm usually on a motorbike!). On Tuesday nights, Chicago does 2-4-1 meals and drinks so worth staying on there. It's not gourmet but very good value

So, where did you go and how was it? We did go to Sweet Mother' s and we really enjoyed it, though it wasn't the same as our family presented it. The pumpkin pie was absolutely amazing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast