Thread: Flight allowance with baby stuff

Default Flight allowance with baby stuff

Hi. We are flying with Emirates on 22nd January.
    Just wondering if people know if 2 car seats, buggy and probably travel cot will be added on to our baggage allowance or will they le them go with out charging or adding excess baggage?
    We get 30k each for myself, my husband and eldest son and our infant gets 10k but with the three bulky items I'm not sure how this would work.

Welcome to the forum.

Airlines usually have a page which explains what you can take as extras and what has to be paid extra for. They tend to be all slightly different, and can change, so it is best to check, as the last thing you want is to end up with excess baggage charges. I think that usually a buggy is carried free of charge. You can take you little one up to the plane door in it and then once you have boarded, they put the buggy into the hold.

Not sure about Emirates, as said above, they should have a page on their website outlining what you can take. With Sinapore Airlines, we took our then 2 year old's car seat and his buggy over and above his baggage allowance, but we weren't allowed our then 5 year old's car seat - as it happened, we'd sent it on in the container anyway and used temporary ones for him. I wouldn't have thought a travel cot would be allowed over the normal allowance

I would definitely check with the airline as we travelled Air NZ & were OK with a carseat & buggy till we got to Auckland then they charged us extra to fly to Wellington, get it in writing in an e mail if you can. Their website isn't too clear on what you get so check first

We flew Air NZ to Auckland and then on to Christchurch and were allowed to bring a car seat each for the kids (2) and a buggy that also went in the hold, without any charge. I rang them (twice!) to make sure as wasn't clear at all on website. We wouldn't have been allowed a travel cot though. I'd ring and ask.

We are booked with Singapore Air. There is nothing on their website as regards car seats or an extra baggage allowance for migrates, so we were quite worried. We are travelling with a 2 and a 1 year old. I gave them a ring, and as we've got permanent residency, they will give us (2 adults and one child) a 40kg luggage allowance each, and both children are allowed a car seat, plus the youngest is allowed her pram. They sent me an email to confirm this all in writing so that we wouldn't have a problem at Heathrow. Definitely worth giving Emirates a call and asking.

Check with the airline in advance and get confirmation in writing. We flew with Singapore Airlines with 3 carseats, a pushchair and a portacot, in addition to the usual luggage allowance, which they upped by 5kg per person when we contacted them directly to say we were emigrating. We just waved the e-mail confirmation at the check-in desk when they were weighing everything.

I was just on to Emirates and they said we can take either a car seat or a buggy for free, the other has to be checked in as excess baggage and paid for according to weight. We will probably bring the car seat for free and buy a really light buggy to check in.