Thread: Waiting game........

Red face Waiting game........

Hi all, wee update from Scotland, my partner is waiting for his visa to be approved before my kids and I can apply for ours. Hopefully it won't take too long. Anyone had any experience with this? Hoping to all come out end of jan but don't know if that'll be possible. Ooooh so exciting!!!

You could apply for your visas, linking them to his application with a cover letter. The CO then fills in the things you wouldn't know up front, for instance, his visa number, as they become available. It could save you some time over all.

Ditto what JandM said, as that's what our immigration consultant advised. In addition, send a copy of his cover letter and a copy of his passport (if you have a copy) with each of your applications, as yours may be assigned to a different CO. Your CO will want that information for reference.

Best of luck! Where are you headed?

ETA: I read through your other posts. We're headed to Christchurch with our children in January, too! See you on the flip side!

Thanks will try that. Yeah Christchurch with our 2 kids not sure on areas yet tho we'll decide that once were there. Hopefully out in time for my son stating school in feb :-)

Fun!

My biggest concern right now is the loss of my community and support network, so I am loving finding other parents on this forum.

My daughter also will start school in February, at five years old. My second daughter is 2.5, and my third (read: LAST!) will be born in early February.

Kind of a crazy time in our family, and yours too, I imagine. Good luck with your visas, and keep us posted.

Yeah it's definitely one of my fears too as here friends and especially grandparents are such a big part of our lives. Where are u coming from? You'll have your work cut out for u there my daughter runs me ragged! She's 3 almost 4 and my sons 6 almost 7. My partners been offered a job but I'll be off with kids for a while so hoping we'll fit in well. Do u know where ur going yet? So much to do! J