Thread: Hobbit Red Carpet Premiere in Wellington

Cool Hobbit Red Carpet Premiere in Wellington

It's nearly here!!! Who's going to see the red carpet? Anyone lucky enough to get tickets to the premiere?

We're going as looky-loos Steve took the day off so we can wander around, watch the final details go in place, and possibly claim a nice bit of sidewalk to watch the festivities!
    So, what time does everyone actually come down the carpet?

I read somewhere in the Dom Post that it starts at 4.30 and there is also extensive coverage on TV3 I believe. Still debating whether or not to join the crowds. This is something that I really didn't expect when we moved to NZ. I remember watching Peter Jackson and his partner getting all the Oscars 10 years ago on TV - little realising that 10 years later I would be seeing the Hobbit actors in the supermarket and out jogging and on the beach. I think it was remarkable how little attention they were paid and how they were able to live an ordinary life here.

That's when they'll actually start coming down the red carpet. I think they said that people are going to start showing up around 3.00 p.m. They're also going to show the red carpet on the big screen in Waitangi Park.