Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 135 points. Any chance?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 135 points. Any chance?

Hello,
    We are about to submit the EOI tomorrow. We have 115 points with no job offer. Do we have a chance of being asked to apply? Thanks, Claire

Sorry, we get 135 points, missed out a box! Silly me...the excitement is getting to my head already! I am presuming we have a much better chance with 135. Anyone else been invited to apply with 135 and no job offer?

X

Sorry but it looks like 140 points is the current threshold. Unless you are claiming 15 bonus points for experience in an absolute skill shortage.

http://formshelp.immigration.govt.nz...ts/eoi2012.htm

Hi
    I altered your thread points total to make it correct for you and others

Hi
    I'm only 125 with no job offer, still waiting for ITA. Try alter your answer and see how it goes.

If you look at the INZ website you will be able to see how the numbers for previous weeks have gone. People have been known to get offers with those numbers, but only with a job offer (as far as I know).

The latest draw report says:
    All those with a points total of 140 or more = 426 EOIs (885 registrants)
    All those with a job or job offer that had a points total of 100 or more but less than 140 points = 102 EOIs (209 registrants)
    All those claiming 15 bonus points for work experience in an area of absolute skill shortage that had a points total of 130 or more but less than 140 points = 42 EOIs (109 registrants).

Palmeritos, can you claim any points for work experience in an area of absolute skill shortage?

I had only 120 points without job offer but got in

Thanks for replies...can't claim for absolute shortage skills-mechanical engineering is on the list, but not draftsman. Same industry but not same job. I don't think that counts does it?
    OH is going to have a look at getting a job today. When we looked 7 yrs ago there were loads available, had a quick look last night and there doesn't seem much at all. Sod's law eh?

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Quote Originally Posted by Palmeritos View Post
    OH is going to have a look at getting a job today. When we looked 7 yrs ago there were loads available, had a quick look last night and there doesn't seem much at all. Sod's law eh?
    Could just be the time of year. We're heading into Xmas and recruitment tends to slow down between now and late January. Keep persevering! It took me approximately 6 months to get a job offer, but I did. And now we've been here over 2 years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast