Thread: Renewing UK Passport

Default Renewing UK Passport

Hi, Does anyone know what is the best way of renewing UK Passports. Ours our due for renewal next year and just want to know the best/easiest way for this to be done.

Download the forms from the fco website, then get them processed at any post shop (they can even do your photos). Really quick and easy process but expensive! Don't forget to get new visas put into the new passports too.

thanks. How do I go about getting the Visa's put into new passports? Do I get the new passports without visas? then have to go to immigration to get them put in ?

Yes. And I'm afraid you have to pay. http://www.dol.govt.nz/immigration/k...base/item/1137

thankyou. With regards to the passport renewal. I see these are sent to Wellington and processed. Does anyone know if they send the old passport back ?

As Immigration require the old passport. If not I have to request a letter from Embassy / High commissioner.

Anyone been through the process. Can I request the old passports back?

They sent my old passport back straight away with the corner cut off. The new passport took about 10 days to arrive. i took the new passport straight to the NZ immi office in Wellington and had new visa sticker put in (took 10 mins and $105).

I renewed my UK one last year and when I got my PR visa, it had something about the rugby world cup on it!!! Did anyone else get that? It'll be stuck on there for 10 years!