Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with filling in EOI

Default Help with filling in EOI

Hello Members,

I need your help while filling the EOI. Below are the points against which I am not sure what to enter

1. What is your main occupation?

My Background:- I have done BTech in Information technology. I am working with top MNC as an Associate Consultant with Software Architect role. I have gone through the list and found below options :-
    Sofware Engineer
    Analyst Programmer
    Architect (not sure it is related to software or construction?)

Which one should I choose?

2. What industry is your main job in i.e. the main activity of the place where you work?

I have not found anything related to information Technology or ICT . However , I found Computer Consultancy Services. What should I enter?

3. If you hold a New Zealand qualification at levels three, four, five or six on the New Zealand Qualification Framework and you started the qualification before 25 July 2011 please ensure that you select the correct option below.

Since I have gone through PAR and got level 7. Do I need to fill anything or just select 1 point 0 ? It's a mandate field.

4. Again the same - If you submitted your EOI on or after 25 July 2011 and your qualification has been assessed as a level three, four, five or six on the New Zealand Qualification Framework, please ensure that you select the correct option below.

What to fill ?

5.What New Zealand qualification was your qualification assessed as being comparable to?

I have wrtitten level 7 but my points are not being added? IS there something I am missing. I would have got points 50 but not getting. Where am I missing

Are you able to login to www.immigration.govt.n?

Quote Originally Posted by angel_nz View Post
    Are you able to login to www.immigration.govt.n?
    If you mean the normal INZ website - no, nobody can while it's down for maintenance.

Yes , I was earlier...

Nicks, your questions

1. This is just a matter of looking up the description of the job (I suggest, in the full ANZSCO list), and choosing the best match for what you actually do, day to day. You need to be able to justify this choice later on if necessary, matching as many points as possible in the official listing to tasks that are your responsibility.

2. This description doesn't have to relate to YOUR JOB within the company. For instance, you could be working on IT within a firm which deals with global transport, or manufactures confectionery, or has a chain of supermarkets. They're asking what industry the company is part of.

5. They don't want the level - they want the actual qualification. Did it say something like BTech?

(I don't know about the others. Probably someone will come along shortly who has already done their EOI online, and they will be able to tell you.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicks View Post
    Yes , I was earlier...
    It's back on again now, but just before that, I got a 'not accessible' on a couple of pages I tried to open. They do tweak things like that from time to time, quite apart from sometimes being out for several hours for a big update.

Hi Nick,

1. Software Architect comes under 261313 SOFTWARE ENGINEER

2. Which company are you working with?

3. Do you hold a New Zealand qualification? (I think it is applicable for applicants who hold New Zealand qualification.)

4. I think this is not applicable to you as your Qualification level is 7.

5. When you select level (7-50 points) from list down box, your should get 50 points. Anytime you can check summary to see how many points you get for each section.

Hope this helps.

Hello Members,

I need your help while filling the EOI. Below are the points against which I am not sure what to enter

1. What is your main occupation?

My Background:- I have done BTech in Information technology. I am working with top MNC as an Associate Consultant with Software Architect role. I have gone through the list and found below options :-
    Sofware Engineer
    Analyst Programmer
    Architect (not sure it is related to software or construction?)

Which one should I choose?

2. What industry is your main job in i.e. the main activity of the place where you work?

I have not found anything related to information Technology or ICT . However , I found Computer Consultancy Services. What should I enter?

3. If you hold a New Zealand qualification at levels three, four, five or six on the New Zealand Qualification Framework and you started the qualification before 25 July 2011 please ensure that you select the correct option below.

Since I have gone through PAR and got level 7. Do I need to fill anything or just select 1 point 0 ? It's a mandate field.

4. Again the same - If you submitted your EOI on or after 25 July 2011 and your qualification has been assessed as a level three, four, five or six on the New Zealand Qualification Framework, please ensure that you select the correct option below.

What to fill ?

5.What New Zealand qualification was your qualification assessed as being comparable to?

I have wrtitten level 7 but my points are not being added? IS there something I am missing. I would have got points 50 but not getting. Where am I missing
    Last edited by angel_nz; 28th November 2012 at 02:27 AM.

Hi Nicks,

I checked your message very late however below is what I have found. Please check your tasks as in the below image and if some of them suits you, then you can select Software Engineer for yourself and that is under Area of Absolute Skills Shortage.

Software Architect.jpg

As mentioned by others, You need to mention your industry. I don't exactly remember now, but I think, A19 fields will come on the basis of the selection you will do in A18. So if you will select "261313 Software Engineer" in A18, you will find the corresponding industry lists in A19.

If you hold the NewZealand Qualification or not, in both case your qualification has been assessed as level 7 so this question is not for you. You can leave it Empty. I did the same when I filled my EOI.

In my EOI, I mentioned here "Level - 7". However as your qualification was assessed as Level - 7, so it should e left empty even I should have left it empty but somehow they selected my EOI and I have already submitted the ITA, so you can either left it blank or write/select "Level - 7". Your choice.

Your points will be added once you will mention that your assessed qualification is under Area of Absolute Skills Shortage. If you have done the IQA then write the name of the qualification it is found comparable to or in case you have only done the PAR, then write Bachelor of Level - 7 at New Zealand Qualification Framework.

Regards,

Hi All,

I have filled my EOI and will submit it before next fortnight selection

I have claimed points as below

F4a. Alternatively do you hold a report from the New Zealand Qualifications Authority assessing the level of your qualification?
    PLEASE NOTE: if you have only submitted a Pre-Assessment Result (PAR) for your EOI, and you are invited to apply for residence, the level of your qualification will have to be confirmed through a full International Qualifications Assessment (IQA) by NZQA before points can be awarded.
    Yes (If no, go to next page)
    F5a. What are the reference number, type and level assessed by NZQA?
    Reference number - Given
    Type Full
    If you submitted your EOI on or after 25 July 2011 and your qualification has been assessed as a level three, four, five or six on the New Zealand Qualification Framework, please ensure that you select the correct option below. Please read SM6 and SM14.10
    Level 7 - 50 points

For this I have entered level 7-50. Is the field still applicable for me since got level 7 and above statement talks about level three, four, five or six on the New Zealand Qualification. I am confused here. If I leave it blank then I am not getting points?

F6a. What New Zealand qualification was your qualification assessed as being comparable to?
    Bachelor of Techonlogy

Should I enter this or something else ?

F15. Are you claiming points for a qualification in one of the areas of absolute skills shortage? Yes

If yes, please provide the absolute skills shortage occupation name, and select the name of the qualification.
    Information Technology (IT) Professionals: ICT Professionals - Bachelor of Techonlogy

Is this fine?

G3 Please indicate the total number of years of recognised work experience. Include any New Zealand work experience indicated in G2. Ensure you have captured the details of this work experience in G1 ---- 8 but less than 10 years

I hope this one is correct

G5. Please indicate the total number of years work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage.
    Again selected
    Absolute skills shortage occupation name
    Information Technology (IT) Professionals: ICT Professionals

Is this correct?

Just to cross verify whether I have filled the form correct this time as I don't want to takce chance and looose my hard earned money as I ddi earlier.

Please reply !!

Hi All,

I have filled my EOI and will submit it before next fortnight selection

I have claimed points as below

F4a. Alternatively do you hold a report from the New Zealand Qualifications Authority assessing the level of your qualification?
    PLEASE NOTE: if you have only submitted a Pre-Assessment Result (PAR) for your EOI, and you are invited to apply for residence, the level of your qualification will have to be confirmed through a full International Qualifications Assessment (IQA) by NZQA before points can be awarded.
    Reference number - Given
    Type Full
    If you submitted your EOI on or after 25 July 2011 and your qualification has been assessed as a level three, four, five or six on the New Zealand Qualification Framework, please ensure that you select the correct option below. Please read SM6 and SM14.10
    Level 7 - 50 points

For this I have entered level 7-50. Is the field still applicable for me since got level 7 and above statement talks about level three, four, five or six on the New Zealand Qualification. I am confused here. If I leave it blank then I am not getting points?

F6a. What New Zealand qualification was your qualification assessed as being comparable to?
    Bachelor of Techonlogy

F15. Are you claiming points for a qualification in one of the areas of absolute skills shortage? Yes

If yes, please provide the absolute skills shortage occupation name, and select the name of the qualification.
    Information Technology (IT) Professionals: ICT Professionals - Bachelor of Techonlogy

Is this fine?

G3 Please indicate the total number of years of recognised work experience. Include any New Zealand work experience indicated in G2. Ensure you have captured the details of this work experience in G1 ---- 8 but less than 10 years

G5. Please indicate the total number of years work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage.
    Again selected

Is this correct?

Just to cross verify whether I have filled the form correct this time as I don't want to takce chance and looose my hard earned money as I ddi earlier.

Please reply !!
    Please find the inline response to your queries.

My Comments : This is OK if you either have PAR or IQA the answer should have been YES.

Reference number - Given
    Type Full

My Comments : This is OK if you have IQA the answer should have been Full.

Level 7 - 50 points

My Comments : In my EOI I had also selected Level - 7 as the answer to this question.

Bachelor of Techonlogy

My Comments : You have entered the correct answer. The name of the comparable qualification was required here.

Is this fine?

My Comments : Fine .

G3 Please indicate the total number of years of recognized work experience. Include any New Zealand work experience indicated in G2. Ensure you have captured the details of this work experience in G1 ---- 8 but less than 10 years

My Comments : You need to enter the total number of experience gained in NZ and any.

Again selected

Is this correct?

My Comments : I did the same in my EOI and they didn't raised any concern about that until now.

NOTE : Please note that I am not an immigration consultant and just sharing the information as per my own experience and the knowledge I have got from this forum. So if anything goes wrong, I shouldn't be held responsible for that.

Regards,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast