Thread: IQA - All work experience or only for the years claimed?

Default IQA - All work experience or only for the years claimed?

Dear all

I am a newbie.. have been reading the posts (and helpful replies) by many forummers. My hubby's EOI was selected on 31 Oct 12 and we have just received the ITA this week (yeah!).

Filling up the IQA now.. thought it was a breeze until I came to the Work Experience section. A bit stumped here.. hopefully can get some guidance.

The Form calls for "a history of your experience in your profession". Hubby have worked for 15yrs but we are only claiming for 6 yrs of experience. Reason being the occupation we have selected for EOI is ICT Systems Analyst. Only in the recent years did he move into System Analyst profile. So when I fill up the Form for IQA, is it ok to just supply info for the 6 yrs we are claiming?

Anybody had similar experience that you could share? Thank you!

Best Regards

Bel

Hello and welcome.

I sent all of them, it is better as supporting document and also might be one of them fail to comply with certificate requirments like duties or position, dates or employer data

I think you're right - those six years are the years in that profession. But in case they wonder about the apparent gap in his life, perhaps it would be a good idea to mention in your covering letter that he had a career change, and before that he was working as (whatever) between this date and that date. You don't want anyone thinking there is any suspicious reason for the missing years.

Hi JandM, thanks very much for your input. I thought I should wrap this up.. I just got a reply from NZQA (i wrote to them directly.. to be on the safe side). They says work experience only need to correlates with the vocation I am applying under. In my case it would be the 6 years rather than the 15 yrs.

Cheers

khaled , you are egyption right???
    am egyption too if you don't mind i want to ask you about many things