Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can we migrate?

Default Can we migrate?

My fiancé and I are looking to move out of the uk now the opportunity has arose. We are both 20, 21 in feb/march. Having a quick google on the current exchange rate we would have several million New Zealand dollars.
    We were thinking either live off that or open a night club with the spare money. Question is how hard would it be to get in; and start a business if we went that route.
    Cheers

Several million dollars and in your early 20's, must suck to be you!

If you are for real, you can start a business on a LTBV (Long Term Business Visa). There is nothing stopping you from buying property here straight off, even on vistors visa's. If you have that type of money, then get a immigration lawyer to sort everything out for you.

Hello and welcome.

Make friends with the Immigration NZ website. You'll find all the regulations there. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/invest/

Quote Originally Posted by Beachcombers View Post
    Several million dollars and in your early 20's, must suck to be you!

If you are for real, you can start a business on a LTBV (Long Term Business Visa). There is nothing stopping you from buying property here straight off, even on vistors visa's. If you have that type of money, then get a immigration lawyer to sort everything out for you.
    Yes we are in a very lucky position and the opportunity to leave the UK has arose. We're fed up of being ripped off left right and centre
    I understand the LTBV is easy to apply for and if we did successfully start a business, how hard would it be to become residents?
    Thanks

Thanks JandM

If you look at the INZ operational manual (http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/ go to Residence » Business » BC Long Term Business Category), you'll see detailed notes in all the sections which tell you what conditions there are on getting the LTBV in the first place (and it's not a walkover), then the criteria for the business that will determine going on to get Residence afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    If you look at the INZ operational manual (http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/ go to Residence » Business » BC Long Term Business Category), you'll see detailed notes in all the sections which tell you what conditions there are on getting the LTBV in the first place (and it's not a walkover), then the criteria for the business that will determine going on to get Residence afterwards.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smiffy View Post
    Having a quick google on the current exchange rate we would have several million New Zealand dollars.
    Are you sure you're reading the exchange rate correctly? Most migrants are complaining about the high value of the NZ dollar...

£1 is roughly 1.95 new Zealand dollars?

If I were you, I'd just go for the Working Holiday Visa route and spend a year or two here first seeing if you like the place before deciding if you want to settle and set up business. At your age and with such a large amount of money the world is your oyster so why tie yourself down to one country?? If I had that sort of cash I'd be spending a few years on the road and ticking off as many countries as I could - and to be able to do it in style, veeeeery lucky!

Working Holiday Visas are very easy and cheap option and will get you here in the quickest time. Best of luck!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast